Does the idea of joining a firm at the beginning of a new chapter and developing your career as they grow, motivate you?
We are excited to be working with this Cambridge accountancy practice, who are at the beginning of a new transition, with a revised senior management team and exciting growth plans.
Part of their plans include the recruitment of two new key team members, one of which is an Accounts Manager whose primary function is managing mixed portfolio of clients and their accounting needs.
As an accountant that has carved a career within an accountancy practice working to UK regulations, your role as Accounts Manager will involve:
To take on the part of primary liaison between the firm and clients –
• Agreeing the fee in advance of the work starting and any variations to the scope of work and subsequent changes in fees.
• Managing the WIP advising of any risk of exceeding targets and fees
• Partnering with clients in relation to changes in tax and accounting laws, service changes in the firm.
As one of the managers of the accounts team other tasks will include but are not limited to;
• Delegating work to appropriate team members based on their skills and knowledge.
• Setting the service budget to align with the fee agreed with the client.
• Identifying the need for technical input on client issues, partnering with other departments when necessary.
• Set periodical billing targets, using said targets to plan quarterly workflow.
• Review personal tax returns completed by peers, preparing where required.
• Evaluate and provide feedback on accounting work undertaken by junior team members.
• Manage the process of onboarding new clients.
To be successful in this role you will be ACA, ACCA, or AAT qualified, or very close to qualifying, with proven experience of managing clients in an accountancy practice working to UK regulations.
From this experience you will have developed effective skills – communication, time management, active listening, working with team members, responsible, dependable, leadership, motivation, flexibility, and patience.
In return you will receive an attractive remuneration to reflect your experience, a bonus, competitive holiday package, flexible working and working from home. Along with this is a clear career path to grow as the firm does.