When one dreams of work, it’s generally not a pleasant dream. But work can be a dulcet dream on “The Tuscany of the Palouse”. For the right CPA, there exists an opportunity to get out of the bustling city and immerse yourself in serene pastoral rolling hills and golden fields.
Where, you may ask, is this beautiful vista? Pullman, Washington! Ranked the tenth smartest city in America, Pullman offers a top-rated public-school system and university, a vibrant college-town experience with Pac 12 sporting events, a diverse arts culture, a low cost of living, and a very low crime rate.
This is where a growing public accounting firm is seeking a CPA with a minimum 3-5 years of experience in public accounting (tax and audit experience preferred). Candidate should love life, be an ambitious idea-person, and dream big of working toward partnership.
Embrace adventure and start living your Tuscan life today!
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
The manager will be involved in almost all the areas for which partners are responsible. The manager must exhibit technical proficiency and the ability to supervise and complete engagements, possess a thorough knowledge of the firm’s policies and procedures, and serve as intermediary between partners, clients, and senior accountants. The manager must exhibit the same positive characteristics as partners and possess the experience and overall potential necessary to be considered for admission as a partner in the firm.
1. Assume responsibility for planning, supervising, and completing engagements.
2. Plan the timing and assigning of staff to engagements.
3. Review engagement work papers, resolve any problems, and keep the partners informed of all important developments in the engagement.
4. Possess a working knowledge of firm technology, including firm engagement management, tax preparation, and time and billing software.
5. Prepare client billings.
6. Evaluate the performance of senior accountants.
7. Develop new client contacts and relationships beneficial to the firm.
8. Assist in administrative functions and other duties from time to time as assigned by the partners.
9. Recognize opportunities to provide additional services to existing clients.
10. Job involves work in the firm’s office or on the client’s premises. Work on the client’s premises may require the use of manager’s personal car.
11. Moderate to low overtime required throughout the year. High level of overtime may be required to complete audit and tax engagements.
12. Minimum of three years’ experience as a senior accountant.
13. Minimum of three years’ experience as a manager.
REQUIRED LICENSES AND CERTIFICATES
14. Licensed as a Certified Public Accountant.
This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked to perform other assignments and duties. You will be evaluated in part based on your performance of the tasks listed in this job description.
Role: Accounting Supervisor/Manager
Apply for this job now.