Sterling Lumber Company, LLC is a leading manufacturer and service provider of ground protection systems to the Global Energy Infrastructure Marketplace. A Chicago based company, with a 60 acre campus including 500,000 sq. ft. of manufacturing space, Sterling Lumber Company, LLC was named to Crain’s Chicago Business Magazine’s Fast Fifty, Chicago’s fastest-growing companies in 2014 and 2015. In conjunction with our sister companies, Midwest Access Solutions, LLC, Sterling Access Solutions, LLC and Sterling Pipeline Solutions, LLC our companies provide complete turnkey ground protection services. The Sterling Solutions Companies are committed to developing our employees, providing best in class customer service and being responsible stewards of the environment. We focus on Safety, Quality, Productivity and Professional Development.
Our manufacturing facility located in Phoenix, IL is seeking skilled Manufacturing Assembly Operators to join our CLT Assembly line team. This facility produces our Cross Laminated Timber (CLT) mats used in ground protection and temporary roadway applications. We are looking for motivated individuals who thrive in a team-oriented environment with the desire to work in a fast-paced setting. Successful candidates will have an impeccable attendance record, can hit the ground running and are dedicated to strict safety and quality requirements to help achieve our daily production objectives.
Second shift position.
Sterling offers a competitive hourly rate with an opportunity to increase after successful completion of the probationary period.
We offer an excellent benefits package with Medical, Dental, Vision, Profit Sharing and 401K.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Consistently demonstrate commitment and support for the CLT manufacturing goals and objectives.
- Comply with all Company policies and procedures.
- You will perform the daily maintenance of cleaning, lubrications and checks to the only World Class CLT Manufacturing line of its kind in the United States.
- Line Tending - making sure the automated line is working properly and wood is moving correctly.
- Layer Build Up - in a very few places, operators are required to touch material to build the correct lengths.
- Line Operation - we will teach you to operate the equipment in manual mode when the line requires correction.
- Bridge Operation - learn the “heart” of the CLT line.
- Saw blade and tooling changes
- Pursue continuous improvement activities to ensure efficiency and effectiveness within area of responsibility.
- Assume other responsibilities and complete tasks as assigned to meet the on-going needs of the organization.
EDUCATION, TRAINING, CERTIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Prefer candidates with 1 to 2 years prior experience in a manufacturing environment.
- High school degree or the educational equivalency
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
- Portray a consistent, positive and winning attitude with a team mindset.
- Self-starter, flexible and ability to work independently.
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly in a fast-paced environment both within a team or independently.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
Family run for nearly 70 years, Sterling supports the construction of our nation’s energy infrastructure with turnkey site access solutions and breakthrough innovation. Based just outside of Chicago with a 60 acre campus including 500,000 sq ft of manufacturing space, Sterling was named Crain’s Chicago Business Magazine’s Fast Fifty, Chicago’s fastest growing companies in 2014 and 2015. As America’s largest CLT mat manufacturer, Sterling’ has engineered the TerraLam® mat to save customers’ time and money by being lighter, faster and longer lasting than traditional mats. Sterling also offers complete site access solutions services through Midwest Access Solutions, Sterling Access Solutions and Sterling Pipeline Solutions. Sterling is committed to developing our employees, providing best in class customer service and being responsible stewards of the environment.
Role: Manufacturing Assembly Operator
Apply for this job now.