Located in Houston, Texas, our consulting engineering firm that provides mechanical, electrical, plumbing, and low voltage engineering design services. We also offer commissioning services for health care, laboratory, academic, commercial, religious, and residential markets.
We are seeking an experienced Electrical Engineer/Designer to join our team! The ideal candidate will have an eagerness take on new challenges and should share our vision of design excellence and client satisfaction.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Participate in project development from concept to as-built drawing preparation.
- Collaborate with an established team of professionals.
- Conduct client meetings and field investigations.
- Develop design drawings.
- Prepare lighting calculations, load calculations, and power distributions.
- Estimate probable electrical construction costs.
- Schedule team assignments to ensure projects are completed on time and within budget.
- Coordinate project designs with other disciplines within the MEP team.
- Develop technical spec and standards.
- Study and analyze electrical power systems.
- Manage emergency power systems.
- Answer RFI's.
- Review contractor submittals.
- Perform site visits to determine compliance with construction documents.
- Resolve design issues during construction.
- 8+ years of experience in electrical building systems design.
- Bachelor's degree in Architectural or Electrical Engineering.
- Professional Engineer License/EIT.
- LEED accreditation, a plus.
- Proficient in AutoCAD and Revit.
- Able to multitask and meet deadlines.
- Strong communication skills.
Powered by JazzHR