Ampro Production Fire & Safety is currently looking for H2S safety techs for our San Antonio/ Carrizo Springs Texas Office. We offer health/dental insurance as well as company vehicle. Must have a 6 months experience.
Operates and maintains the Gas Detection Systems and Breathing Air Safety Equipment at a land or offshore based drilling rig or production platform where there is a potential for or an anticipated release.
Specific Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in Rigging up Gas Detection Systems
- Assist in operation and maintenance gas detection systems and breathing air safety equipment
- Calibrates gas detection
- Complete daily, weekly and monthly checks on equipment
- Fit testing of customer’s personnel
- Inspect and service cooling & shower trailers
- Must be able to work safely and follow all TS & Customer policies and procedures
- Completes all Total Safety and Customer documentation associated with assigned tasks in a timely and accurate manner. This includes all inspection and repair documents, job cost billable expenses and time sheets.
- Ensures that all Cascade Air Banks are charged and online. Ensures that all 5, 10 and/or 30 minutes SCBA’s (Self Contained Breathing Apparatus) are functional and fully charged.
- Ensures operability of both Electric & Diesel Air Compressors. Ensures that proper maintenance including air purification cartridge changes, oil changes and other filter changes have been performed and documented. Performs scheduled air quality checks.
- Performs other functions and may cross-train as part of training and development.
- Assist others in facility with inspection, cleaning, servicing, reassembling and testing shop equipment, SCBA’s, manifolds, regulators, hoses and other safety equipment.
- May stock shelves with clean, tested and ready to use equipment and pull, stage, and load equipment for jobs.
- Maintains work area and other areas in a clean and orderly condition.
- Maintains ongoing effort to keep equipment clean and respiration masks sanitized.
- Maintains running inventory of location and availability of safety equipment.
- Performs basic maintenance and care of assigned vehicle and/or trailer.
- Assist others as needed.
Education: High school diploma or GED.
Experience: 3 - 6 months’ experience.
Required Licenses or Specific Training: Successfully complete H2S Academy Training to include but not limited to H2S Training, SAFE GULF or SAFE LAND
AMPRO Fire & Safety provides a variety of services to meet all of our customer needs in the oil and gas industry. In all areas of service, we consistently perform organized, cost effective, and quality work utilizing our team of highly trained and qualified personnel.
Role: Safety Tech
Location: San Antonio,
Apply for this job now.