Systematic hedge fund in London are looking for a Java Developer to join their team. They use technology to build out current workflows and processes to create repeatable, scalable results. They pride themselves on their use of technology to automate their processes.
The systems you'll be building will have a direct impact on the business as they'll be exposed to the portfolio managers, quants and operations team who all place an immense amount of value and trust in these systems. Also, with no business analysts you'll be involved in every stage of the SDLC - from information gathering to deploying, supporting and monitoring the system. Responsibilities can include:
- Work directly with the Risk team to develop new tools to automate their processes and improve workflow
- Source and refine analytical and market data to give risk managers the data they need to create results - not more spreadsheets
- Help design and create a system to model portfolio exposures under bespoke market conditions
- Help design and create tools to help specific desks manage their exposures to various asset classes
- Improve and support the existing systems
- Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or similar discipline
- 3-5 years of core Java experience
- Risk experience
- SQL/RDBMS experience
- The ability to work at all levels of the technology stack, from front end to middleware, and servers and databases.
- Excellent communication and team working skills
- Excellent compensation
- New central London office with roof terrace
If this sounds like an opportunity you'd like to apply for, don't hesitate to contact me: Tom Gardner