Who we're looking for
A Security engineer role has arisen within Information Security to help drive automation. The engineer will be responsible to drive process automation by use of standardised forms and workflows and use data generated to create more meaningful MI. He/She will also define the governance and control structure for automation tools.
We're a global investment manager. We help institutions, intermediaries and individuals around the world invest money to meet their goals, fulfil their ambitions, and prepare for the future.
We have around 5,000 people on six continents. And we've been around for over 200 years, but keep adapting as society and technology changes. What doesn't change is our commitment to helping our clients, and society, prosper.
Technology at Schroders
There's a huge amount of change going on at Schroders. Technology's shaping our business more and more, so there are many opportunities waiting to be grabbed. And because we're a big financial player, we can put hefty backing behind good ideas.
We're a serious business - we have enormous responsibilities to our clients and shareholders. But just because we're suited and booted, that doesn't make us stuffy; our tech teams are friendlier and more informal than you might expect.
We moved into our new HQ in the City of London in 2018. We're close to our clients, in the heart of the UK's financial centre. And we have everything we need to work flexibly.
The Schroders Global Information Security function ensures our business is able to operate safely in a dynamic threat and technological environment by effectively managing the risks to its information assets. To achieve this aim, the function contains teams responsible for Cyber Security, Insider Security, Information Risk Management, Technology Risk and the Information Security Change Programme.
We also recognise that successfully balancing personal and professional commitments brings out the best in our teams and therefore all roles in Global Technology are reviewed for suitability for flexible working arrangements. We passionately believe that individual performance is enhanced by embracing the whole individual and structuring a working environment that supports them.
What you'll do
• Design and develop ServiceNow forms, workflows, reports and dashboards.
• Help to implement the data strategy for InfoSec which aligns with the overall data strategy for Schroders.
• Improve and utilize existing available data infrastructure, build data pipelines to generate consumable data insights to fulfill data requirements from each InfoSec capability.
• Write high quality source code for requirements within deadlines.
• Design creative prototypes according to specifications.
• Evaluate existing applications to reprogram, update and add new features.
• Develop technical documents and handbooks to accurately represent application design and code.
• Stays current with security technologies and make recommendations for use based on business value.
• Maintains an expert knowledge in the field of Information Security and the related issues, systems, processes, products, and services.
• Evaluate new and emerging security technologies for potential suitability in the company's environment.
• Contribute to the development of security policies, security standards, and risk governance processes.
The knowledge, experience and qualifications you need
• Experience with Service Now development.
• Knowledge of big data or schema-less technologies like Hadoop, Spark, MongoDB is a plus.
• Familiar with a variety of operating systems and platforms.
• Have an analytical mind-set and a keen eye for detail.
• Proven experience as application developer.
• Experience in designing and building applications.
• Ability to program in at least one programming language such as C#, Java.
• In-depth knowledge of programming for diverse operating systems and platforms using development tools.
• Excellent understanding of software design and programming principles.
What you'll be like
• A team player with excellent communication skills.
• Analytical thinking and problem-solving capability.
• Great attention to detail and time-management skills.
We're looking for the best, whoever they are
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer. You're welcome here whatever your sex, marital status, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religious belief or age.
Role: Information Security Engineer
Job Type: Permanent
Apply for this job now.