Customer Care Representative Job Description
As a Customer Account Administrator, you will play a pivotal role to provide excellent customer service, customer retention and new customer acquisition to our residential, commercial, and agricultural customers. You will be responsible for performing customer service, detailed administrative and operational functions ensuring the highest-level quality, efficiency and accuracy.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
· Field, answer, and respond to incoming customer calls in a friendly, efficient and helpful (educate) manner. The expectation is for phone calls to be answered by the first ring.
· De-escalate irate customers with a fair compromise. Sometimes it may require that you tell the customer you will research and get back to them.
· Perform account collection functions in direct contact with customers over phone.
· Assist with walk-in customers in a friendly, helpful manner.
· Provide high levels of customer account management by properly setting up and maintaining account information and data.
· Review work orders, safety documentation, metered slips and photos from propane deliveries, installations, and service work to ensure accuracy and compliance to company policies and procedures. Follow up with technicians for completion where necessary.
· Research, prepare, post and send invoices to customers.
· Identify secondary sales opportunities and include marketing materials to send to customer in coordination with the marketing and sales program.
· Scan and digitally catalog safety documentation, work orders, invoices and photos.
· Accounts Receivable functions and activities support. Including entering payments and preparing bank deposits as needed.
· Excellent communication skills both written and verbal maintaining strict professionalism in all customer correspondence.
· Maintain consistent quality and performance expectations set out by management.
· Excellent communication skills both written and verbal maintaining strict professionalism in all customer interactions.
· Personal characteristics: Problem solver, attention to details and accuracy, adaptable, shows initiative, positive attitude, reliable, consistent, and a team player
· Solid computer skills including Microsoft Office, data entry and the ability to run and analyze reports.
· Ability to multi-task and prioritize assignments in a team environment.
· Strict adherence to company policy and procedures.
· Proficient math skills.
· Completion of company sponsored training and successfully passing applicable exams for certification.
· Hours: Monday - Friday. Start of work day is 8:00 a.m. End of work day is 4:30 p.m. Lunch is to be taken on schedule per management.
· Availability to help in extreme weather situations and some Saturdays may be required.
· Communicate to co-workers work related info that is clear, respectful, concise and timely. (Timely defined as soon as both parties have time to discuss - expecting that it is definitely before the end of the current work day unless the other person is out).
· Respond respectfully and promptly to delivery drivers and service technicians on truck radio. Responding to their requests and questions as needed. If necessary, dispatching them as well.
· Respond to gas smell, no heat, or emergency calls as required by company policy and management.
· Must be knowledgeable of company policy and procedures ie. Minimum Tank Use Fee, Will Call, Minimum Delivery, Generator, Delivery, Special Delivery, Tank Sizing, etc. and able to communicate them properly to the customer
· All customer inquiries, interactions, comments, complaints and transactions logged in to shared Google doc and kept up to date as they come in/current. Logged in to customer’s account by end of the work day.
· Timely (within the 8-hour work day and at the very latest the end of the following work day) and accurately follow through to full completion customer inquiries. (Including but not limited to: - work orders and accompanying paperwork, service call dates in book and back up paperwork filed in appropriate location, return calls—if we don’t have an answer, call them back and give them a date and time that is obtainable that we will get back to them, on hold accounts updated in system and route cards, credit cards processed, new forms—credit card, new customer info—updated on customer’s account and filed, requested info sent to customer—credit card authorization forms, Customer Info Forms, email correspondence, prepare next day deliveries, tank change scheduling, letters of value for property transfer, etc.).
· Ability to complete a large percentage (preferably 90% or more) of calls mentioned above as independently as possible. If not at first, then that is the goal.
· Recognize and respond to make outside delivery drivers and service staff job functions as easy as possible throughout the workday - working as a team builder.
· Seek out additional tasks as time allows. (Merit increases will be considered with additional tasks.)
Initial Required Training
· CETP 1.0 Basic Principles and Practices
· Gas Check Program
· Osha 90 Training (Propane)
· Onboarding with Office Manager for company policy & procedure and computer training
· CETP 4.1 Designing & Installing Exterior Vapor Distribution Systems
· Blue Cow / Ignite Software training (may require travel)
· Online Webinar training
· Trade show and industry training provided by PGANE
· On-site and/or off-site customer service training
Role: Customer Service Representative
Location: East Freetown,
Apply for this job now.