Wish is a mobile e-commerce platform that flips traditional shopping on its head. We connect hundreds of millions of people with the widest selection of delightful, surprising, and—most importantly—affordable products delivered directly to their doors. Each day on Wish, millions of customers in more than 160 countries around the world discover new products. For our over 1 million merchant partners, anyone with a good idea and a mobile phone can instantly tap into a global market.
We're fueled by creating unique products and experiences that give people access to a new type of commerce, where all are welcome. If you've been searching for a supportive environment to chase your curiosity and use data to investigate the questions that matter most to you, this is the place.
We're looking for talent engineers joining us to improve recommendation quality at Wish. You will be work on our massive semi-structured datasets, build and optimize machine learning models that provide personalized product contents to homepage, product page and many other product surface.
The role is ideal for someone who has solid mathematical background, industry experience working on a range of classification, information retrieval, and optimization problems, e.g. click-through rate prediction, search ranking, collaborative filtering/recommendation. It offers the unique opportunity to have direct impact on key product initiatives, including product feed relevance, information extraction, and recommendations.
What you'll be doing:
- Tackle unique challenges in recommendation using state-of-art technologies or ML algorithms
- Develop new and optimize existing machine learning models & features to improve recommendation relevance, user engagement
- Improve latency, stability and scalability of the system to support growing business and customer engagement at Wish
- Mine text, image, merchant and shopper signals to promote recommendation quality
- Own production model training and serving or entire feed service end to end
- 6+ years of experience
- Excellent software design skill with experience in Go, Python, and/or Java
- Strong background in one or more of the following areas: machine learning, recommendation system, search ranking, or data mining
- Passionate about working with large amounts of data and the ability to translate insights into business recommendations
- Experience with different big data frameworks, including Hadoop, Presto, MapReduce, Spark and/or distributed systems
- Track record of making business impact through
- 1) Discovering hidden opportunities with data science and iterating machine learning models
- 2) Or improving system via re-architecting or adopting new technologies
- Expert level domain knowledge on ML infra, deep/reinforcement learning, recommendation candidate generation, reranking or calibration
- MS or PhD in computer science or equivalent degrees
Wish values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. We do not discriminate based on any legally-protected class or characteristic. Employment decisions are made based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please let your recruiter know. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.