COMPANY: NORGES BANK INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT
JOB TYPE: Permanent, FullTime
Norges Bank Investment Management manages the Government Pension Fund Global, and has assets worth more than 10,000 billion kroner, or about $1,1 Trillion. The fund is invested in international equity and fixed-income markets and real estate. As manager of one of the world's largest funds we have developed a highly skilled investment organisation with a global outlook. We are more than 525 people from 37 countries based in Oslo, London, New York, Singapore and Shanghai.
Associate Researcher - Allocation Research
Norges Bank Investment Management is seeking a dedicated and results-oriented professional for the position of Associate Researcher in Allocation Research, the research department of the Allocation Strategies investment area. Allocation Strategies provides analysis for advice on the development of the fund's investment mandate and develops the reference portfolio, the starting point for the fund's investments. The reference portfolio guides the allocation to asset classes, markets and systematic factors. We rely primarily on internal research, but also learn from close interaction with leading peers, asset managers, official institutions and academia.
The position is based in London or Oslo and will report to the Global Head of Allocation Research. Some travel will be required.
As an Associate Researcher in Allocation Research you will contribute to research aimed at improving the fund's long-term asset allocation and overall investment strategy. You will build in-depth knowledge through individual research projects and gain hands-on experience developing new and existing models for asset allocation and expected return and risk across and within the fund's asset classes.
You will work alongside talented colleagues across the Allocation Strategies investment area, benefiting from their extensive knowledge in areas such as quantitative analysis, empirical asset pricing, macroeconomics and broad experience from equity, fixed income and real estate markets. The role offers the right person a steep learning curve and a unique opportunity to build a career in asset management.
* Conducting research and analysis on issues related to long-term asset allocation and expected return and risk across and within the fund's asset classes
* Developing models and tools supporting the fund's investment process
* Writing up research findings in internal research notes
* Presenting research to key stakeholders in Allocation Strategies
* Interacting with experienced investment professionals
* Contributing to a hardworking, high-performing team
* Advanced degree in finance, economics or related fields with outstanding academic records
* 1-2 years' experience in investment management or investment research
* Excellent analytical skills, with an ability to run independent analytical processes
* Good programming skills (e.g. R, Python, SQL)
* Good understanding of financial markets and finance theory
* High level of integrity
* Proactive and self-driven work style and a good team player
* Excellent communication skills with strong proficiency in written and spoken English
What we offer
Norges Bank Investment Management offers a rewarding, international fast-paced working environment, and the opportunity to play a role in safeguarding and building financial wealth for future generations as part of one of the world's largest funds. Norges Bank Investment Management has a performance culture that values the contribution of every individual and focuses on professional growth.
Our core values of excellence, innovation, integrity and team spirit underpin our culture and how we operate across all our offices. We collaborate and share information within our organisation which consists of 37 nationalities. English is our common working language. Our organisation is grounded in trust, high ethical standards, a flat hierarchy and diversity. We aim to increase the share of women to exceed or match the industry average across all functions.
Norges Bank Investment Management is committed to ensuring Equal Opportunities for all employees.
Contact details: Questions regarding the position may be directed to Fredrik Willumsen, Global Head of Allocation Research, +44 (0)207 534 9044.
Please note due to GDPR we will only accept applications made via the career portal on #removed# .
Opening date for applications is 14th May 2020
Deadline for application is close of business 5th June 2020
No Agencies please