Sets up and operates conventional, special purpose, and numerical control (NC) machines to fabricate metallic and nonmetallic parts by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties or responsibilities may be assigned.
- Reviews drawings, sketches, or sample part with Supervisor to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished work piece, sequence of operations, and setup requirements.
- Measures, marks, and scribes dimensions and reference points on material or work piece as guides for subsequent machining.
- Selects, aligns, and secures holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials on machines.
- Calculates and sets controls to regulate machining factors (with Supervisor) such as speed, feed, coolant flow, and depth and angle of cut, or enters commands to retrieve, input, or edit computerized machine control media.
- Starts and observes machine operation to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining, and adjusts machine controls or control media as required.
- Verifies conformance of finished work piece to specifications and documents findings on a dimensional report as needed.
- Sets up and operates machine on trial run to verify accuracy of machine settings or programmed control data.
- Confers with supervisors, programmers, or others to resolve machining problems.
- Maintains material traceability to shop work orders and accurate records such as job travelers, dimensional data sheets, and time logs.
- Follows safety and security procedures and reports potentially unsafe conditions to appropriate personnel.
- Expected to clean and organize work area daily during normal hours of operation.
- Expected to work 40 hours per week during normal hours of operation unless otherwise specified by management.
Apply for this job now.