Administrative Assistant - Central London
We are seeking an Administrative Assistant for our City office.
The successful candidates must have excellent organisation, communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to work well in a fast paced and busy office environment. You will be hands on, committed and able to work as part of a team whilst using your own initiative to get tasks done.
- Meeting and greeting clients
- Directing clients to relevant fee earners
- Photocopying/filing/scanning documents
- Placing stationery orders
- Handling incoming and outgoing post and DX
- Postroom management
The main activities of this role will include:
- Deliver and collect internal and external boxes from all departments
- Prepare outgoing mail for dispatch, to include completing the necessary documentation.
- Printing, scanning and recording of incoming correspondence and attaching their digital files to existing records or creating new records as appropriate
- Keep accurate records of all files archived, billed or posted
- Maintaining electronic filing system.
- Responsibility for maintaining and distributing stationary supplies
- Any other reasonable tasks required by Senior Management or your Supervisor.
The essential requirements for this role are:
- To be able to manually collect and deliver heavy and bulky items (up to 10kgs).
- To be able to stand and operate the scanning inserter machine or printing documents.
- To be able to sit for long periods whilst opening post, scanning and indexing documents.
Key Skills Required:
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to work as part of a team to agreed standard and deadlines
- Organised and flexible approach to work with the ability to work well under pressure
- Experience of operating an electronic document management system
- Previous experience of working in a Post Room environment
- Understanding of and commitment to Equal Opportunities
- Understanding of and commitment to Health and Safety