Our client is one of the top global players in the furniture industry. They manufacture and distribute high quality furniture with a broad assortment of selection, designs and great value. They pride themselves on outstanding service and quality and emphasize these values with their workforce, resellers and end users. Our client is committed to being one of the best furniture companies in the industry and drive constant improvements through all phases of production and distribution. They focus heavily on customer satisfaction and emphasize superior craftsmanship and design. Our clients’ leadership team has a strong philosophy around quality service that starts with the manufacturing operation and continues to the end user. Their culture and philosophy are centered around maintaining the best in class approach for all phases of the process. Our client invests in the latest design tools and production equipment, logistics and supply chain system---and they invest in their people. Their team continually strives to advance, focusing on processes, statistics and leadership. They put an emphasis on employee IDEAs (Improving/Developing/Eliminating/Achieving) which save the company millions of dollars in operational costs, which are then passed onto customers.Director of Transportation Safety:
Our client is seeking a Director of Transportation Safety to bring a fresh approach to the overall Company with regards to safety and supporting the business. This individual will design a top to bottom safety program for the Company with consideration for specific safety regulations and rules. This role will be involved in learning the business and determining how safety can tailor the approach to the business, as well as, drive a safety culture through fresh ideas, best practices and the ability to positively influence all levels of employees.Responsibilities:
- Develop and promote a comprehensive safety and wellness program.
- Formulate general safety policies and procedures to be followed by the company in accordance with the FMCSA, DOT and OSHA.
- Establish, implement and execute a consistent accident review and audit process that identifies areas of need and addresses through training, communication, counseling and discipline to minimize fleet risk.
- Perform training to educate and ensure compliance with drivers, yard, maintenance shop and office personnel.
- Work in conjunction with insurance providers and company attorneys to control and minimize fleet risk.
- Manage the day to day operations of the safety department.
- Create a positive work environment within the Company’s core and growth values.
- Prepare reviews, approve and submit safety reports and/or material or evidence for organization use in hearings, lawsuits, and insurance investigations.
- Manage and follows up on safety or accident concerns from drivers, customers and the general public.
- Manage and follows up on inquiries or actions from Federal, State and Local law enforcement or agencies.
- Advise Human Resources regarding safety and wellness related issues, including disciplinary action, coaching, feedback, training and hiring.
- Partner with Operations Management to further the safety culture.
- Complete other assignments and special projects as requested.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Logistics, Business Administration or equivalent required.
- 7+ years’ experience in Fleet Safety Management.
- Prior knowledge of FMCSA/DOT Regulations and Requirements.
- Knowledge of Fleet Insurance Coverage & Risk Management.
- Excellent communication skills to direct and convey expectations to various and numerous staff and reports.
- Strong troubleshooting, problem solving and project management skills.
- Proven ability to set priorities and to work with minimal direction and supervision.
This position offers a Competitive Base Salary and Standard Benefits.
Role: Director of Transportation Safety
Apply for this job now.