Company: PACE INDUSTRIES PORT CITY GROUP
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
As a member of a cross-functional team, tool room die repair personnel repair and conduct preventive maintenance of tooling used for production of die cast parts. Participates in problem solving and process improvements activity. This position is responsible for making some decisions independently that have an impact on operation. Completes proper paperwork and documentation accordance with Pace work instructions. In addition to direct involvement in the introduction of new tooling and processes, tool room die repair personnel are a major player in efforts to reduce waste and eliminate process/product variation and control issues.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participates in tooling modifications, preparatory requirements, core and ejector pins, etc.
- Operation of equipment used such as blast unit, ultra-sonic cleaning unit, pipe threading equipment, and other equipment used in the die repair area.
- Replaces worn or damaged ejector pins with new pins, measured and cut to proper length when applicable.
- Assists in leak testing die components in conjunction with the leak test instructions; before they are placed in the “back up” preheat station; when applicable.
- Repairs all concerned areas of trim tooling, for example shearing, indents, part sticking, etc.
- Ensures back-up tooling is ready and available for production use.
- Clean and maintain all shot end components.
- Ensures all checklists related to this position are completed to promote standard work adherence e.g., red/green checklists, blue sheet checks etc.
- Ability to follow production schedules, set priorities based on production needs, react to changes swiftly.
- Provide a clean and organized work environment through 5-S controls.
- Ensures a safe work environment is maintained, appropriate safety systems/processes are utilized, and works with the EHS Department to ensure compliance with all OSHA and other state/federal safety and environmental related rules and regulations.
- Maintain and comply with all other company and corporate systems and procedures as applicable for your
area of responsibility.
- Perform all other duties as needed.
- Ability to take instruction and constructive criticism.
- Must be able to earn and maintain crane & hoist operator certification.
- Demonstrate good communication and interpersonal skills in order to work effectively in a team environment.
- Must have a good command of the English language, both written and spoken, to read and interpret work
instructions and other job-related documentation.
- Must be able to perform simple math calculations.
- Must have ability to use basic handheld measuring tools.
You should be proficient in:
- Tool/Die/Mold Repair
- Tool/Die/Mold Setups
$17 - $23 / hr