Company: BARRINGTON JAMES
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
We are currently partnered with an exciting scientific association with members in over 160 countries. It is the largest association of professionals within infectious disease, stewarding the world’s most prestigious conferences and leading the collective action on the HIV response across the globe.
The company’s focus is the reduction of the global impact of HIV and AIDS. Through global promotions and initiatives, they advocate the need to urgent action including increased investment in research, optimizing treatment and expanding access to prevention, they are the world leaders in the fight against HIV.
If you are a highly motivated, inquisitive individual, looking for an exciting role in a dynamic evidence-based institution, please read further:
- Leading the operational management focusing on developing annual work plan, KPI has and budgets for activities and directed by the deputy director.
- Reviewing and implementing project plans against grant allocations and budget reviews.
- Organizing, tracking and implementing distinct projects within the organization.
- Organizing and implementing meetings with a variety of stakeholders and KOL’s within the public and private sectors.
- Mentoring and management of an associate officer with professional development and performance evaluation.
- Write proposal briefs, policy briefs and other documents for internal and external publications.
- Coordinate activities and act a key liaison for joint activities across internal and external departments
- Work closely with the deputy director and advocacy office to develop partnerships and enterprise advocacy activities
- A PhD or advanced degree in a relevant scientific area And/or an advanced degree in public health, social science with proven experience in HIV prevention and research
- >5 years in a managerial role in a relevant area of public health
- Experience managing national and international projects
- Experience working with a variety of stakeholders and thought leaders at varying orders of seniority
- Experience in international conferences, seminars, workshops and meetings and their advisory and governing mechanisms
- Fluency in English (Oral and Written), working knowledge of French is beneficial
- Strong understanding of HIV prevention and development of HIV vaccines
- Excellent communication skills with a particular focus on written communication
- Highly organized and systemic with a strong attention to detail
- Ability to travel for work
Get In contact….
Vincenzo Dessena - Associate consultant – Barrington James