Are you an experienced chemotherapy nurse? Would you like a new opportunity to work within a small happy team in a unit with developmental opportunities? If so, we would love to hear from you!
Here at The Montefiore we pride ourselves on the highest standards of care for our patients and the ability to dedicated time to ensuring all aspects of care are supported by our small dedicated team. We work closely and flexibly with 7 dynamic oncologists and haematologists in delivering a range of treatments to patients with breast, colorectal, prostate and haematological cancers. We also work closely with external organisations such as the Acute Trusts, Hospices and charities as well as internally with our other colleagues in pharmacy, radiology, outpatients, theatre and the ward.
Over the last 3 years we have experienced significant growth in our service and further development is planned. The senior management team actively support the development of oncology services within our hospital and oncology development is part of our 5-year plan.The Montefiore Hospital is rated "Outstanding" by the Care Quality Commission (CQC). We practice some of the most advanced treatments on the latest generation imaging, and diagnostic technology. This means we can offer everything from screening and rehabilitation through to leading-edge surgical procedures and excellence in specialist fields like orthopaedics, cardiology and general surgery all delivered through our expert and caring clinical team. The hospital is well positioned to maximise the excellent local public transport. There are buses that stop in the vicinity and is also walking distance of both Hove and Brighton train station
Duties and responsibilities
- Patient assessment
- Organization of certain parts of the cancer journey
- Cannulation and delivery of chemotherapy
- Patient/relative/carer support, education and delivery of information
- Supporting outpatient oncology clinics where bad news may be delivered
- Working as a part of team to promote the survivorship initiative
- Working with external organizations required to ensure best outcomes for patients
- Referral of patients to other services
Who we're looking for
- NMC registered Nurse
- Accredited chemotherapy course
- Oncology experience and chemotherapy delivery to varying chemo groups or regime
We offer employees a competitive salary as well as a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
- 35 days annual leave inclusive of bank holidays
- Employer and employee contributory pension with flexible retirement options
- 'Spire for you' reward platform - discount and cashback for over 1000 retailers
- Free Bupa wellness screening
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
We commit to our employees well-being through work life balance, on-going development, support and reward.
Spire Healthcare is a leading independent hospital group that has been putting patients at the heart of everything we do for over 40 years. We have 39 hospitals and 8 clinics across England, Wales and Scotland.
For further information about this role or for an informal conversation about the range of career options available with Spire please email Sherine Lowers at [... Click Apply...] For us, it's more than just treating patients; it's about looking after people.