Our client is seeking a Financial Analyst to join their team in the DC metro area. The ideal candidate will helping establish new, actionable, operating metrics, budgets, forecasts and reports.
· Facilitate the annual P&L budgeting process and subsequent monthly/quarterly forecasts across shared services
· Performance management through monthly variance analysis of budgeted, forecasted and actual financial performance, clearly interpreting and documenting variance drivers
· Assist in identifying and implementing financial and operationally relevant Key Performance Indicators and dashboards across area of responsibility
· Work in concert with sales operations in supporting the sales teams with analytics and measurement around strategic initiatives.
· Proactively develop the supported functional areas proficiency in interpreting and acting on financial/quantitative metrics to improve organizational performance; assist in developing and measuring action plans
· Execute ad-hoc financial/quantitative analysis and various reporting requests in support of the business
· Maintain a working knowledge of current principles and methodologies in financial reporting; profit planning, cost accounting and profitability analysis best-practices as they apply to service organizations
· Bachelor of Science in Finance, Accounting
· 3+ years of finance experience
· Variance analysis of P&L statements
· High proficiency in MS Office, particularly with Excel (Pivot Tables REQUIRED) and PowerPoint
· Functional knowledge of financial reporting systems and methodologies for reporting using business intelligence tools
· Effective oral and written communication skills with a strong ability to efficiently communicate financial results to both financially and non-financially oriented persons
· Initiative; originate productive actions without specific instructions; generate new ideas, processes and approaches to meet business needs
· Our client is seeking a Financial Analyst to join their team in the DC metro area. The ideal candidate will helping establish new, actionable, operating metrics, budgets, forecasts and reports.
HireStrategy is a full-service professional staffing firm providing contract, direct hire and executive search solutions for employers in the Washington DC area. Our diverse client base represents a wide range of industries, including technology and media, financial services, professional services, energy & green technology, federal services, education and non-profit organizations. Our recruiters specialize in providing candidates with personalized career management advice and placement services in the Technology, Finance & Accounting, Sales & Marketing, Recruiting & HR and Administrative fields. HireStrategy has been ranked the No. 1 staffing firm in the Washington DC area, honored by Inc. magazine as one of the 500 fastest-growing firms in the country and named a "Future 50" firm by Washington SmartCEO magazine. We've also been recognized as a "Great Place to Work" by the Washington Business Journal, as well as a "Best Place to Work" by Washingtonian magazine. Our executives are recognized thought leaders in their fields, regularly contributing their insights on economic, employment and workplace issues to the Washington Post, USA Today, the Washington Business Journal, the Wall Street Journal and major broadcast and cable television networks, including NBC, CNN and PBS.
Role: Finance Analyst
Apply for this job now.