Specialist Clinical or Counselling Psychologist
Venn Group are working with a busy Mental Health Trust looking to recruit a Specialist Clinical or Counselling Psychologist to support an Acute Hospital with their Liaison Psychiatry Service.
Core Responsibilities include:
- Direct assessment and treatment of patients presenting with overt mental health problems allowing the existing acute trust pathways to function smoothly and reduce unnecessary delays, similar assessment and treatment of patients who present with co-morbid mental health problems such as dementia
- Be responsible and accountable for the direct provision of a specialist psychology service, including specialised assessments, formulations and interventions covering the spectrum of mental health difficulties including severe and enduring mental illness, personality disorder and mental health crisis work
- Evidences based psychological interventions are to be tailored to the specific needs of the service users in the acute hospital setting, both inpatient wards and the Emergency Department. A range of brief-focused interventions are to be provided where indicated and appropriate.
- Providing specialist risk assessments and advice on risk management to a range of professionals involved in a service user's care
- Engaging in regular liaising and interfacing with a range of physical health services utilizing management skills, negotiation skills and an ability to work and function professionally within diverse medical multi-disciplinary settings
Essential Skills include:
- Doctoral level training in clinical psychology, including specifically models of psychopathology, clinical psychometrics and neuropsychology, two or more distinct psychological therapies and lifespan developmental psychology, as accredited by the BPS
- Registration with HPC required - UK approved courses only
Rate: £35 - £40 per hour (dependant on experience)
Start: ASAP for 3 -6 months
Hours: 28 hours per week
If this opportunity is of interest please get in touch to discuss the role in more detail with Abigail Fernandes on 02075577667 or send your cv to #removed#