Teaching Personnel is currently working with primary schools in Essex and a primary school in the Thurrock area is searching for two SEN Support Assistants to support children in EYFS and KS1 with special education needs (SEN) on a 2:1 basis.
The school is a 3 form entry primary school and offers a fantastic variety of experience to be gained working with children from all backgrounds and alongside a number of experienced staff.
The successful teaching assistant will have a calm nature, great communication skills and ideally recent experience or training working with primary school pupils with Special Educational Needs. Applications are welcomed from teaching assistants of all backgrounds however who live locally or are able to travel to Thurrock for work and even graduates with little school experience but a proactive and positive personality will be considered!
The ideal candidate will have some of the following;
- Have some experience supporting children with SEN/D
- Experienced with SEMH
- Be experienced supporting learning in the classroom
- Have UK work experience supporting children with SEN/D
- The ability to demonstrate positive behaviour management strategies
- Experienced working 1:1/ 2:1
- Team Teach trained
- Be flexible and reliable
- Be prepared for every day to be entirely different to the last!