Technical Support Engineer
Location: Central Bath, UK
Salary: £25,000 - £30,000p.a. DOE + generous benefits package
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
- 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays)
- Company pension
- Private medical insurance including dental & optical (employee and dependents)
- Employee Assistance Program (access to free mental health support)
- Flexible working
- Overseas social events
Our clients are a market-leading provider of testing tools for software developers. They are seeking an experienced and passionate B2B digital marketer to join their marketing team and contribute to their global business expansion.
What's it like to work there?
Their newly refurbished informal office provides a relaxed environment and includes a pool table, shower facilities, and kitchen balcony with stunning views of the city. Working hours are flexible (including partial remote working) and dress code is casual. They aim for job satisfaction and provide internal training and mentoring, together with the opportunity for external training and taking on specialist roles and responsibilities.
What you'll do
- Act as the first technical point of contact with pre-sales prospects and post-sale customers.
- At all times remain the 'owner' of the customer's technical issues, seeking to resolve these to the satisfaction of the customer.
- Provide pre-sales support in the form of demonstrations, workshops, and webinars to promote their tools.
- Advise customers about new or planned features and assist them in applying QA Systems' tools to specific use cases.
- Technical deployment of the tools to customer's embedded software development environments.
- Delivery of tool consultancy and training courses
- Provide post-sales support to customers via email, webinar, and phone.
- Create supporting tool documentation, tutorials, videos, and demonstrations.
- Participate in future tool development planning.
You will be self-motivated, have a relevant degree and be able to demonstrate strong skills in:
- 3+ years in a technical support or field application engineer role.
- Background in embedded, real-time software in C and C++.
- Broad experience with debuggers, compilers, IDE's, RTOS, simulators and emulators.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Able to work independently with a self-motivated self-driven style and willing to travel.
- Unit testing
- Embedded I/O)
- Functional safety software standards (ISO 26262, DO-178C, etc)
In order to apply please send a C.V and covering letter by clicking on the apply button below.
Keywords: Technical Support Engineer, Technical Support, Tech Support Embedded Software, C, C++, Unit Testing, Software Deployment, Safety Software, ISO 26262, Safety Software