We are looking for an experienced candidate to fill the permanent position of Senior Manager for EMEA Corporate tax, based in Hammersmith.
The successful candidate will support the Tax Principal of EMEA Corporate Tax on EMEA regional tax issues. This will include business partnering with certain lines of business and their Treasury function, undertaking EMEA and group-wide planning initiatives and overseeing EMEA tax provision, reporting and forecasting to US Tax and some UK tax compliance.
This ideal candidate will proactively liaise with the business and finance heads in each line of business in EMEA. Working on group restructuring and tax planning initiatives requiring liaison with the US tax department and managing external professional advisers, including cost management. This role will require a highly motivated tax professional with strong technical and interpersonal skills who wishes to pursue a career in a growing and dynamic global organisation.Responsibilities will include:
- Pro-actively partnering with the EMEA regional business, finance heads, and legal of each line of business.
- Working with the business to fully understand all commercial initiatives and local country operations, considering tax implications and suggesting potential solutions to manage risks and maximise opportunities
- Liaising with US tax department and US business teams to understand global initiatives, processes and attributes to include in EMEA based projects.
- EMEA tax representative managing all tax aspects of Treasury issues in EMEA
- Working with Corporate Treasury and US Tax on funding issues and planning across the region
- Pro-actively determining tax efficient funding of EMEA entities and related Treasury matters including corporate structure, debt and profit repatriation
- Part of the team regularly reviewing the group structure to ensure it is optimal, undertaking restructuring, mergers, and liquidations as appropriate to minimise risk and compliance burden.
- Working with the US tax team on group restructuring and planning initiatives.
Compliance, Reporting, Provisioning and Forecasting
- Actively reviewing the US quarterly forecast to be reported to US Tax including interaction with EMEA Controller
- Reviewing an allocation of UK corporate tax returns, ensuring they accurately reflect transactions and include appropriate disclosures
- Liaising with statutory auditors on all compliance, planning and projects to ensure efficient review
- Pro-actively working directly with HMRC and other tax authorities as appropriate, to maintain effective relationships (e.g. queries, audits etc)
Tax Environment changes
- Pro-actively working with advisers, tax authorities and the business to identify current and potential local EMEA and Global tax legislation changes.
- Lobbying appropriately, informing the wider tax department on the impact for Disney so appropriate measures can be taken.
What we offer:
- ACA Qualified (CTA a plus)
- PQE tax compliance and advisory
- Experience of working in an internal tax department of a large multinational company
- International tax accounting and compliance experience
- Able to manage workload to tight deadlines and prioritise multiple tasks and work streams
- Competitive salary
- Excellent benefits
- Exposure to a truly diverse and international environment
Right to work in the UK:
Please note that all of our UK based roles require you to have the existing right to work in the UK
See descriptionRole: Senior Manager - EMEA Corporate Tax Job Type: Permanent , Full TimeLocation: London, England, EnglandApply for this job now.