Safety Manager Job Profile and Description:
Manages and coordinates all organization safety activities and programs to ensure a safe, healthy, and accident-free work environment for all employees; develops and implements accident prevention programs.
Basic Functions and Responsibilities:
- Develops, implements, and monitors safety programs to reduce frequency of accidents and injuries; assists in minimizing overall workers’ compensation costs.
- Plans, implements, communicates, and monitors safety policies and procedures in compliance with local, state, and federal OSHA rules and regulations.
- Audits various safety program elements of effectiveness; schedules and performs safety inspections; identifies issues and develops corrective action plans.
- Supervises, controls, and monitors fire prevention and firefighting activities.
- Investigates all accidents and injuries; recommends and/or coordinates corrective actions.
· Develops and implements safety training programs designed to instruct employees in general safe work practices plus specific instruction with regard to hazards unique to any job assignment; provides training for new employees.
· Maintains thorough knowledge of federal and state OSHA regulations and web sites; maintains up-to-date knowledge of safety codes and regulations; distributes and/or posts new or revised safety standards that affect the company.
- Reviews and responds to OSHA inquiries.
- Identifies potential safety hazards at all facilities; reports hazards and recommendations for eliminating/reducing to management.
- Coordinates with other departments on design and construction of new equipment, facilities, and work methods to ensure compliance with safety policies and regulations.
· Encourages employees and supervisors to report all unsafe conditions immediately and schedules or coordinates repairs as soon as possible.
· Encourages employees and supervisors to report any injury that occurs on the job, even a slight cut or strain, immediately.
- Maintains records for statistical measurement and conformance to standard practices of the safety industry.
- Review Superintendent toolbox talks and confirm that they are up to date.
- Prepares and maintains required safety reports.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
Education and Qualifications:
· Minimum of three to six years related experience; bachelors degree (B.A./B.S.)
· Knowledge of OSHA regulations and compliance standards.
· Ability to travel 60-75% of the time (trips are in short duration)
· Commitment to excellence and high standards
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Ability to work with all levels of management
· Proven leadership and business acumen skills
· Strong interpersonal skills.
· Ability to deal effectively with a diversity of individuals at all organizational levels.
· Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
· Proficient with Microsoft Office
· Ability to manage priorities and workflow
· Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing
priorities with enthusiasm
· Good judgement with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
· Ability to understand any and all safety requirements and cautions
· Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions.
· Demonstrated competence in reacting to and handling emergencies.
· Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand the primary language(s) used
in the workplace.
Building with Pride & Integrity:
Marand is always looking for new team members that are self-motivated, hard-working and have strong critical thinking skills that the construction industry requires! Marand Builders provides an attractive benefits package including competitive salaries, project bonuses, health benefits and per diems for travel.
Role: Safety Manager
Apply for this job now.