Position: Motor Vehicle Mechanic-147th
Reports To: Project Manager
Work Location: Fort Bliss, TX
Job Description: Advantage SCI is seeking a Motor Vehicle Mechanic to be considered for full time employment.
Summary of Duties includes, but is not limited to:
The Mechanic repairs, rebuilds, or overhaulsmajor assemblies of internal combustion automobiles, buses, trucks or tractors.
Work involves most of the following:
- Diagnosing the source of trouble and determining the extent of repairs required.
- Replacing worn or broken parts such as piston rings, bearings, or other engine parts.
- Grinding and adjusting valves.
- Rebuilding carburetors.
- Overhauling transmissions.
- Repairing fuel injection, lighting, and ignition systems.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 18 years of age.
- Valid state driver's license.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check.
- Must be a US Citizen or US permanent resident for more than 3 years in order to obtain NACI and CAC Card eligibility.
- Have and demonstrate at least 2-year direct experience and general knowledge of basic maintenance functions as listed in the above Position Description and Maintenance Functions on Military vehicles/equipment.
- Be able to provide tool kit.
- Eligible for and be able to obtain a U.S. Government motor vehicle operator's permit for assigned class of vehicle.
- Be able to lift on an occasional basis a maximum of 70 pounds with frequent or constant lifting of 40 pounds.
- Be able to climb in and out of military vehicles and related equipment.
- Be able to stand for at least two continuous hours.
- Be able to work in cramped areas for at least two continuous hours.
- Be able to work in all types of weather conditions to include intense heat, heavy wind, blowing sand, heavy rain, and snow and sleet.
- Be able to read, write, and speak English.
- A good working knowledge of heavy equipment maintenance programs, policies, nomenclature, work methods, manuals, or other established guidelines.
- An understanding of the needs of the organization serviced.
- Analytical ability to define or recognize the dimension of the problems involved, to collect the necessary data to establish the facts, and take or recommend action based upon application or interpretation of established guidelines.
Advantage SCI, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
EXECUTIVE ORDER 11246 Prohibits discrimination against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, or national origin and requires affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed, and employees treated, without regard to race, sex, color, genetic information, religion, or national origin. (Enforcement Agency: U.S. Department of Labor, Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs)