Assistant Management Accountant
Salary: £27k - £34k DoE
I am working with a successful SME engineering business based in Stockport who are looking for a strong Management Accountant to join their finance team on a permanent basis. Previous experience in a manufacturing environment is not an essential but would be an advantage. The individual needs to be highly self-motivated, proactive and a team player with a desire to understand the wider business.
- Responsible for management accounts preparation and timely completion of month-end/year-end accounts
- Balance sheet reconciliations & ledger housekeeping
- Detailed margin analysis
- Prepare key financial information to drive insight supporting the management team in advance of monthly meetings.
- Ensure that all financial transactions are properly recorded, filed, and reported
- Bank reconciliations for multiple accounts including currency accounts
- Daily cash allocation, cash flow recording and preparing cash forecasts
- Credit control/liaising with customers
- Purchase ledger and supplier payments
- Respond to customer & supplier enquiries via phone or email
- VAT returns for multiple companies
- Part-qualified accountant. (AAT Qualified or studying CIMA/ACCA)
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Must be looking to progress and develop their career in Accountancy and strengthen your skills
- Proficient in MS Office, particularly Excel (Vlookups, Pivots etc)
- Experience with Sage accounting systems is an advantage but not essential
- Ability to prioritise workload and meet strict deadlines
Interested in finding out more? Click 'apply for job' and a member of our team would be happy to provide more information about this opportunity, prior to including you in the applicant/interview process.