COMPANY: CANADA LIFE LIMITED
JOB TYPE: Permanent, FullTime
We now need an Annuity Sales Director to support the transformation and the future growth of the business within the Insurance function, so it can provide security and peace of mind to our customers by offering protection, home finance and annuities propositions, and deliver great service and propositions that are valued by our customers.
- Manage the annuity sales team, ensuring that sales and margins meet business plan targets for individual and bulk annuities and risks are within business appetite.
- Provide insight into distribution market trends across individual and bulk annuities.
- Manage portal relationships across insurance division
- Contribute effectively as a member of the Annuities Leadership Team, recommending, obtaining agreement for and implementing proposals to achieve annuity business growth.
What you’ll do
- Develop, maintain and lead relationships with EBCs in the bulk annuity market to ensure that CL has a credible presence in this market, providing insight into market development to inform proposition
- Lead teams across different business areas to deliver bulk annuity transactions with appropriate consideration of risk.
- Develop and manage (either directly or via direct reports) relationships with all IFAs identified as potentially significant sources of individual annuity new business, promoting the need for internal understanding of individual firms and their processes to increase market share.
- Lead relationship across all Canada life insurance products with quotation portals, negotiating contracts, costs and information provided to value and sales growth
- To identify and deliver new forms of annuity distribution such as ties with other insurance companies, banks etc., maximising the value of the individual annuity proposition.
- Maintain close working relationships with other sales team to ensure a coherent experience for IFAs who engage across multiple CL sales teams. Ensure sales leads across teams are shared in an efficient way to maximise sales.
- As resource permits (e.g. when annuity sales appetite met) lead market research to develop improved understanding of distribution activity across bulk and individual annuity markets to identify potential opportunities for distribution/proposition development.
- Manage a team of 6 direct reports to maximise their effectiveness within the organisation. Develop and coach the team through regular one to one meetings to drive their performance to maximise contribution to the business plan. Contribute fully to the Annuity Leadership Team including regular presentations at Executive level.
- Lead contributions to influence industry and government attitude and decisions towards individual and/or bulk annuity products.
- To manage for the annuity sales cost centre within the annual budget.
Who you are
- Deep technical knowledge of individual and bulk annuity products and legislation
- Good understanding of the retirement market
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills at all levels
- Excellent influencing and negotiation skills
- Strong credibility in the individual and bulk annuity markets usually obtained from significant experience in this market
- Knowledge of Sales Process
- Project management at steering group level
- People management, including experience of coaching and developing
- Diploma in Personal Financial Planning or equivalent (Essential)
- Prince2 or equivalent (desirable)
Your development at Canada Life
As a Canada Life colleague, you’ll get all the support you need in your new role including full training and professional development. Our focus is to have an engaged, committed and motivated employee force, operating in a high performing and collaborative culture. We want to create an organisation that offers opportunities for all our people to develop their skills and talent, and continue to build rewarding careers with us.
Diversity and inclusion
Canada Life is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Our role as an employer of choice is to provide the right environment for talented people to do their best work, by respecting, understanding and valuing individual differences.