Do you have a proven background in a Health, Safety and Welfare function and experience undertaking Health&Safety audits and risk assessments in a multi-disciplined organisation? If yes, we may have the opportunity you've been looking for - read on...
Health and Safety Officer
Full Time, Permanent
Salary £31,346 to £33,782.
Exeter, EX3 0NW (Travel will be required as part of the role)
Devon&Somerset Fire&Rescue Service is the largest non-metropolitan Fire and Rescue Service in England. We provide prevention, protection and response services across the counties of Devon and Somerset. Our vision is that together, we will work to end preventable fire and rescue emergencies, creating a safer world for you and your family. Keeping people safe is what we do and we owe our fantastic reputation to our highly skilled and motivated workforce with over 2,000 staff.
A key part of this professional workforce are our Health and Safety Officers - monitoring and maintaining risk, safety and compliance across the service.
Primary Purpose of the Health&Safety Role:
In a nutshell... you will follow detailed procedures to assess, monitor and help prevent accidents, injuries and work-related illnesses in the workplace - and ensure all team members receive adequate Health&Safety training appropriate for their job. You will provide advice and guidance across the Service to ensure the Health, Safety and Welfare of all staff and those affected by our activities meets all professional standards.
Key Skills of the Successful Health and Safety Officer Candidate:
- Proven background of working in a Health, Safety and Welfare function.
- Experience in developing, implementing and reviewing Health&Safety policy and processes.
- Experience in undertaking Health&Safety audits and risk assessments in a multi-disciplined organisation.
- Evidence of the practical application of Health&Safety policies and procedure at corporate level, in a multi-site organisation.
- Up to date detailed working Knowledge of Health&Safety Legislation and best practice.
- Holder of NEBOSH General Certificate or equivalent e.g. NVQ level 3 Occupational Health and Safety equivalent. (NEBOSH Diploma and / or a Fire Safety qualification advantageous but not essential)
- Relevant post qualification experience - to effectively carry out the role this is likely to be at least 3 years experience in a similar role.
Please Note: The post holder will require a Full UK Driving license and be willing to travel throughout the service area and also outside the boundary.
Benefits of working for Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue (what we can offer you in return):
Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue have built a reputation for encouraging their employees to succeed. They offer a supportive environment where team members mirror the core values of the Service. They say, working here is "very rewarding", "there are flexible working hours (and they) promote respect, achievement and honesty." "It's a privilege to work with such great people".
You also get…
- Competitive Salary and Generous holiday entitlement.
- Flexible working and excellent career, training and development opportunities.
- Government Pension Scheme.
- Health and Wellbeing provision inc. Healthcare plan (including eye care, onsite gym facilities, counselling, physiotherapy).
- Blue Light Card (discount scheme for Emergency Services colleagues).
- Free Parking.
- Sports and Social Association.
Are you dedicated to making a real difference and ready to build a successful career with Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue? Apply today!
How to apply for the Health, Safety and Welfare Officer Role:
If you have the skills and experience required for this Health and Safety position, just click "apply" today and watch out for an email that will give you more information on how to complete your application directly with the Fire Service.
You must be eligible to work in the UK.
Devon&Somerset Fire&Rescue Service recognise and celebrate the vast diversity of the local communities that we serve and aspire for this to be reflected within our workforce. We encourage candidates from diverse backgrounds, experience and beliefs, who share our values to join our team.
Other suitable skills and experience includes: Health and Safety Advisor, Risk and Compliance Officer, Cooperate Health&Safety Officer, Quality Health&Safety Representative, Fire Health&Safety Officer, Health, Safety&Welfare Officer, Safety in the Workplace Consultant, H&S Officer.