Head of Event Management - The Ned, New OpeningPOSITION:
Head of Event Management REPORTING TO:
Director of SalesROLE BASED:
The Ned, Poultry, LondonWho We Are…
Soho House & Co is a collection of private members'' clubs and restaurants, catering to those in the film, media, fashion and creative industries. The company has unique ventures throughout the UK, USA and Europe. In addition, we also have exciting new openings planned around the globe including Japan, China and India.The Hotel…
Located on Poultry Street, this new hotel is one of the most exciting upcoming openings by Soho House & Co. The new project is a joint venture with Sydell group, a US hotel developer. We're developing a Grade I listed building in the heart of the City to become a destination hotel with over 250 bedrooms. The hotel will have a gym, Cowshed spa as well as 9 restaurants, bars and extensive event spaces. There will also be member's facilities, where members can enjoy the rooftop pool or in the member's club.The Role:
Responsible for the Events Management Team and directly generating business in the form of sales enquiries (and conversions) for private hire meeting & events spaces. Managing key event client corporate relationships / communications and driving new business solicitation through research, meetings, pitches, site visits and distribution of collateral to achieve event based revenue targets. Assisting with hiring, training and supporting site based Event Sales staff, as well as putting together proactive strategies for pushing meeting and event sales. Any other duties assigned by the Director of Sales to increase market share and penetration.What are we looking for:The Essential:
Essential Job Knowledge & Skills
- Management within the Events Office including 4 direct reports.
- Responsibility of recruitment, performance management, appraisals, 1-2-1's and disciplinary procedures within the Events Office.
- Ensure Events team manages and develops all related accounts within their responsibility.
- Ensure Events team maintain, prospect, independently solicit and book groups & events business.
- Ensure Events team exceed pre-determined event revenue goals as outlined by the Director of Sales
- Conduct internal client meetings, site visits and FAM trips to maximize revenue potential and harness key account relationships.
- Compile and analyze month end reports, review and implement action plans to address market share penetration and achievement of Events budget.
- Maintain a strong liaison between MICE Sales Manager and Operations to ensure all VIP's and preferred accounts are managed accordingly.
- Upon closing all critical business deals, coordinate and follow-up with other hotel departments to ensure delivery of superior guest service.
- Prepare weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports as required
- As directed, compile and input market intelligence information to CRM system.
- As directed, participate in promotional events within the hotel, the industry and customer organizations.
- Attends major travel functions (trade shows, associations) that deal specifically with their market segment.
- Provides feedback to the Director of Sales on changing market conditions, including trends in pricing in the local market and the competition.
- Establishes and develop effective working relationships with key external and internal customers
- Establishes and maintains effective employee relations.
- Performs related duties and special projects as assigned
- Previous experience (minimum 2 years) in a people / team management position, including recruitment, performance management, appraisals, 1-2-1's and disciplinary procedures. Preferably within an Events Office, within an upscale or lifestyle brand hotel
- Previous experience (minimum 3 years) in an events sales position with a proven sales record, preferably within an upscale or lifestyle brand hotel
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- Advanced computer skills in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet, Outlook and Opera. Ability to enter and locate work related information using computers and/or point of sale systems
- Knowledge and experience in using market tools appropriate to the role (e.g. Opera, Sales & Catering, CVENT, Starcite, web based delegate registration systems).
- Possess excellent organisational and administrative skills.
- Ability to multitask, work in a fast paced environment and have a high level attention to detail
- Ability to conduct competitor research on a monthly basis, ensuring that rates are consistently pitched correctly within the Groups & Events market segment.
- Proven excellent management, motivational and team relationship skills are essential.
- Advantageous to have strong knowledge of the London market place.
- One of the most competitive salaries in the industry.
- 28 paid holidays per annum inclusive of bank holidays
- Salary exchange schemes, such as childcare vouchers and cycle-to work scheme
- Complimentary meals on duty
- Annual staff events
- Discounted rates at The Ned
- Fantastic career growth opportunities.
Only those eligible to work in the UK or have a valid UK work permit/visa will be considered for the above position
See descriptionRole: Head of Event Management - The Ned, New Opening (headeventmger) Job Type: Permanent , Full TimeLocation: London, England, EnglandApply for this job now.