We are actively seeking multiple individuals with a passion for numbers and the desire to find a flexible, part-time, and primarily virtual position. Join our team of highly-skilled, work-from-home accountants who support our small business and non-profit clients by managing every aspect of their day-to-day finances.
This unique position allows you to enjoy:
- A Flexible Schedule- Work part-time when it is convenient for you to work, allowing you to use your accounting skills while supporting your life's personal priorities.
- Work from Home- After training, approximately two-thirds of the work will be performed from the comfort and convenience of your home office.
- A Team of Resources- While you will often work independently, you will be backed by a team of peers and leaders willing and able to answer questions and support other needs.
- High Earnings Potential- Earnings are scalable based on performance and the volume of work an employee chooses. Compensation is incentive-based and corresponds with a professional-level position.
- Career Development- Bookminders offers training programs for new hires as well as ongoing training for all employees. Bookminders' training programs are accredited for CPA continuing professional education.
Manage the accounting system for small business and non-profit clients using QuickBooks and in accordance with Bookminders procedures:
- Apply fundamental accounting principles and analytical skills to process a Client's accounting information completely and accurately. Activities typically include, time and expense billing, job costing, expense allocations, fund accounting, programs and restricted funds tracking as well as comprehensive and customized Board Reporting.
- Understand and apply Bookminders' Standards and Procedures, implement procedural or system improvements, and periodically review procedures to ensure Client accounts meet current standards.
- Understand the Client's business, what the Client (and Client's accountant) needs from the accounting system, and how to implement Bookminders' service to provide the information they need.
- Attend brief weekly meetings with the Client to discuss financials.
- Track and report client billing information in a timely, accurate and consistent manner.
- Build and maintain positive working relationships with assigned clients.
- Bachelor's Degree required, accounting or business-related degree preferred
- A minimum of five years of accounting or finance experience required
- Must reside within 45 miles of local Bookminders' office
- Experience with general ledger accounting software required, QuickBooks preferred
- Excellent communication and computer skills required
- Ability to work independently with precision, a strong attention to detail and in accordance with Bookminders' established standards and procedures required
- Separate, dedicated home office space, a computer to access on-line software and high-speed internet connection, reliable transportation and a mobile phone required
- Ability to attend orientation and monthly training and meetings at our office
- Ability to attend client meetings (weekly or monthly) and trainings during normal business hours (Monday through Friday 9:00 am to 5:00 pm) required
Bookminders is the place where work-life balance is the rule, not the exception!
Learn more about how we work at: #removed#
Powered by JazzHR