Grand Itasca Clinic & Hospital, a part of Fairview Health Services, is currently seeking a dedicated Social Worker to join our team! A management team that takes a personal interest in every employee is one of the many advantages you'll find here at Grand Itasca Clinic & Hospital.
POSITION: Social Worker
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Casual (scheduled as needed)
WORK SCHEDULE: Days
DEPARTMENT: Case Management/Social Services
JOIN OUR TEAM:
Nestled in the heart of the Northland, Grand Itasca Clinic & Hospital is the dominant provider of primary care services in the local and surrounding area to include roughly 50,000 people. We're a non-profit organization with a clear vision of being the leader in transforming rural health care by achieving the highest levels of quality, access, and value. Our strength stems from teamwork and collaboration among a talented and diverse group of professionals. With over 600 employees in hundreds of different roles, Grand Itasca can offer a variety of career opportunities.
Provide leadership and professional social services to patients and families receiving care and/or services at Grand Itasca Clinic and Hospital. Organize health care services to promote optimal outcomes for individuals utilizing resources, payor sources and clinical data. Assist in meeting the psychosocial needs of patients and to utilize medical care in order to achieve their optimal level of health. The social worker will serve as a patient advocate. They will assist in the identification and utilization of internal and external referral sources to augment or meet the patient needs. Services provided will be in accordance with current federal, state and local standards. Social Services will promote utilization of health care resources and provide a leadership role at Grand Itasca Clinic and Hospital.
1. Master's degree in Social Work, preferred.
2. Current licensure in State of Minnesota through the MN Board of Social Work.
3. Acute care experience preferred.
4. Demonstrated effectiveness in leadership role with ability to elevate the support of subordinates and peers.
5. Demonstrates respectful and effective communication skills with patients, families, physicians and staff.
6. Knowledge of and active participation in the PI process.
7. Demonstrated ability to effectively problem solve in difficult situations.
8. Ability to facilitate admission and discharge planning with the Interdisciplinary Team, patient, and family.
9. Demonstrated and consistent ability to follow the NASW Code of Ethics.
10. Demonstrated ability to follow and adhere to Grand Itasca Clinic and Hospital policies, vision, mission and values.
11. Maintains reliable and consistent attendance.
Perform other related duties as required. This list is not all-inclusive and any other task or job may be assigned in the future.
"We are an equal opportunity employer."Job Posted by ApplicantPro