Northstar Senior Living is seeking an Environment Services Director. This position will facilitate the successful physical plant operations of the Northstar Senior Living Community. This position will perform or supervise the repairs, alterations and maintenance of community property that will promote a high sense of well-being and aesthetic appeal for residents, families, and staff.
- Support the mission, vision, and culture of the organization through positive communication and leadership.
- Contribute to community relationships by demonstrating cooperation and professional conduct at all times.
- Supervise maintenance and housekeeping staff; provide training, set and adjust rates of pay and hours of work, provide performance feedback both formally and informally. Recognize appropriate and inappropriate behaviors and performance. Apportion work among subordinates.
- Perform removal, installation and repair/rebuilding of A/C equipment (e.g. compressor change outs, refrigeration leaks, motor replacements, recharging.)
- Maintain budget record keeping, expenditure logs or spend-down sheets.
- Participate in new hire orientation program and other regular meetings.
- Interview and select maintenance related job applicants.
- Schedule and ensure completion of work orders.
- Schedule and implement preventative maintenance.
- Train staff in safety techniques.
- Oversee subcontratctors.
- Assist with move-in/move-out details.
- Test and maintain safety equipment.
- High School diploma or equivalent certificate and a degree or certificate from a two year technical school program.
- Demonstrated success in a similar position.
- Valid First Aid Certification and valid Drivers License.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Basic math solving skills.
Northstar Senior Living, one of the premier providers of senior living management and consulting services in the country. Northstar features a highly experienced leadership team committed to setting the industry standard for excellence in
* Please note that this company will contact any qualified candidates for positions. Due to the volume of applicants they will only contact those qualified for open positions.
Role: Maintenance - Facilities Director
Location: Los Angeles,
Apply for this job now.