Operate the CNC Turret Punch and support the production team by, operating machinery, bending, punching or sawing of metal products as instructed by supervisors. Produce a variety of parts, all of which must meet the dimensional specifications of the mechanical engineered drawings.
- Operate the CNC Turret Punch and other machinery used in the production process, or assist other machine operators.
- Select proper die clearances based on material requirements.
- Set up tooling, load programs and set machine parameters to ensure optimal performance of the equipment.
- Determine condition of tools and point of re-sharpening.
- Re-sharpen punches and dies as needed.
- Work in a fast paced environment with fast changing priorities.
- Keep work area clean and organized.
- Follow all company rules and policies.
- Follow all safety rules and quality standards.
- Provide a great level of attention to detail and focus on the given task.
- Work with team members to maximize productivity and efficiency.
- Prepare product for shipment.
- Lift raw materials, final products, and items packed for shipment, manually up to 60 pounds, or by using hoist. Physically able to clear jams from machine.
- Operate machinery used in the production process, or assist machine operators.
- Uphold all OSHA standards applicable to the responsibilities above.
- High school diploma or GED is required.
- 2+ years of experience operating and programming the Trumpf similar CNC Turret Punchespreferred.
- Solid background working with sheet metal.
- Knowledge of tooling and tool maintenance.
- Proven measurement and mathematical fraction/decimal conversion skills.
- Ability to distinguish material types including Aluminum, Steel and Stainless Steel, Copper and Brass.
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize in an effective way.
- Flexible schedule is preferred; this position requires shift work as well as some weekend work.
- Candidate has to be a strong Team player.
- Candidate has to be reliable.
- Ability to work unsupervised or with minimal supervision while meeting all product quality requirements.
- Ability to read a tape measure and ruler (ability to convert fractions to decimals and conversely decimals to fractions).
- Ability to read blueprints and have knowledge of engineered specified tolerances.
- Ability to lift up to 60 pounds frequently.
Role: CNC Turret Punch Press Machine Operator
Apply for this job now.