Are you a Graduate Mechanical Design Engineer, who is looking to work in a fast paced, global, market leading company?
Here at Innovative Technology, we have an excellent opportunity for a Graduate Mechanical Design Engineer to join our talented team in our global head office in Oldham, Manchester.
We’re heading towards our 30th year here at Innovative Technology, where we now have offices on five continents and employ around 400 people, with over 100 based from our state-of-the-art R&D hub and global head office in Oldham, Manchester.
From self-service checkouts to arcade machines, we provide our retail, banking, kiosk, vending, gaming and amusement customers with products and services that help them securely accept automated payments, with our industry leading technology keeping us at the forefront of our sector.
By being true to our values of Innovation, Collaboration, Respect and Drive we’ve seen significant growth and won numerous domestic and international awards, whilst offering outstanding career opportunities and great benefits. You’ll find us on the edge of the Pennines and less than half an hour from central Manchester, with modern offices, free parking and excellent transport links.
In the role of Graduate Mechanical Design Engineer, you will be working in the Development Department within either the New Product Introduction Department or the Continuous Improvement Team. This is a varied role with opportunities for progression and development while working on a wide variety of projects. You will be assisting, learning from and being supported by existing Mechanical, Lead and Principle Engineers and trusted with individual issues or defined parts of a project owned by an experienced Engineer. You will often be working with fellow Engineers from other disciplines, to solve problems, develop and document a manufacturable and cost viable solution.
This opportunity would be ideally suited to an ambitious Graduate Mechanical Design Engineer with a problem-solving mindset and an interest in 3D CAD.
Responsibilities as our Graduate Mechanical Design Engineer:
- Investigate, problem solve, prototype, test and document specific design/product problems Skills&Experience:
- Provide regular updates covering progress, issues, costings and timescales
- Use CAD software (NX) for 3D modelling and 2D drawing,
- Work closely with various teams across the business
- Produce and develop prototypes ensure designs are fit for purpose
- Test and evaluate designs to ensure product durability and reliability
- Liaison with our Chinese factory, providing manufacturing information and assembly instructions
- Taking ownership or small projects
- Degree or HND in Mechanical, Product or Design Engineering, or a vocational equivalent
- Passion for design, engineering and problem solving
- Approachable, good communicator and able to provide guidance and support others
- Knowledge of 3D CAD with the ability to read and interpret drawings
Package&Perks for our Graduate Mechanical Design Engineer:
- Highly-competitive and negotiable, depending on suitability and experience
- Workplace Pension Scheme
- Flexible working hours
- Paid breaks, lounge style canteens and games tables, with free fruit and hot premium drinks (subject to COVID restrictions)
- 24 days holiday, plus Bank Holidays, for great work-life balance, with the opportunity to earn extra days holiday
- Private Healthcare Scheme available for you (as benefit in kind), and the option to add family members
- Educational Sponsorship, Childcare Vouchers and Cycle to Work Scheme
- Informal dress code, free onsite modern gym, free secure parking, staff car workshop and an active social calendar
If you’re looking to develop as a Graduate Mechanical Design Engineer and want to join our award-winning team on the latest cutting-edge technology, we want to hear from you.
A better way... Through our people, drive and commitment we push boundaries to deliver innovative products and services.