Senior Systems Administrator
Total Network Solutions (TNS) is currently looking for a Senior Systems Administrator, specializing in Network, Server, and Storage technologies. The position would be a technical lead and would be responsible for support of IT Infrastructure systems across multiple client environments. Additional responsibilities include assisting the TNS Helpdesk with incident analysis and resolution.
The Senior Systems Administrator role is to work with TNS clients and with the TNS team to ensure the stability, integrity, and efficient operation of customer infrastructure. Additionally the Senior Systems Administrator should be able to design and implement core infrastructure using industry best practices. The position requires candidates to have excellent communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to help identify, communicate, and resolve issues.
Since this is a senior level position, the selected individual will be expected to play a lead role and provide mentoring and all levels of support to other Systems Administrators on the team.
Desired Skills and Expertise:
Education: 4 year College degree or equivalent work experience
Experience: Minimum of 7 years of proven knowledge working with server and storage hardware, software, including VMware, Dell Server and Storage Systems, Windows, Linux, etc.
Candidate must have a good understanding of ITIL, including Service Management, Capacity Management, and Change Management
The Preferred candidate will have the following certifications
- VMWare VCP
- Microsoft MSCE: Server Infrastructure
- Cisco CCNA (Routing/Switching/Data Center)
- Dell Server/Storage Certifications
The Preferred candidate will have experience in the following:
- Excellent organization and communication skills
- Ability to work with within a team and provide leadership in the design, deployment, and support of IT infrastructure systems
- Provide recommendations, develop and maintain documentation
- Solid experience with physical and virtual server environments
- Operating system to include Windows, Unix and Linux
- Extensive working knowledge of network, Server, and storage systems
- Solid theoretical knowledge and hands on experience configuring, troubleshooting, optimizing and managing most of the following hardware/software technologies & protocols:
- Storage Systems
- Windows Operating Systems to include Windows 2008 and 2012
- Linux and Unix Operating Systems
- Network devices (routers, switches, security appliances)
- Backup Solutions
- VMware and HyperV
- iSCSI and Fiber Channel SAN connectivity
Total Network Solutions has been providing efficient and responsive IT solutions to businesses for over 15 years. We provide industry-leading IT support and strategic services to make technology work harder for our clients. By delivering concierge level technology services, TNS provides a level of attention and detail that is unheard of in our industry. Our portfolio includes managed IT services, infrastructure services, managed cloud services, strategic CIO consulting, application development and staff augmentation. We are a Microsoft Gold Certified Partner.
Role: Senior Systems Administrator
Location: Long Beach,
Apply for this job now.