Company: INTERIM HEALTHCARE
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
Interim Health of Joliet is looking to hire a total of 2 Registered Nurses to work school nursing in the Romeoville/Bolingbrook area.
Hours are Monday thru Friday for both positions.
8:30am - 3:30pm and 7:15am- 2:15pm
The ideal candidates will possess knowledge of IDPH COVID guidelines.
For more information call #removed# and speak with our Human Resources Coordinator.
The School Nurse is a registered nurse with advanced preparation, who provides for the health care of preschool children, school-age children and adolescents within the school setting. The Scholl Nurse exercises independent and interdependent decision-making with direct accountability for clinical judgment. The School Nurse perform treatment in accordance with protocols established between the School Nurse Health officials as allowable under state law/practice acts.
- Elicits a comprehensive health history from the patient and/or parents and caregivers, to reflect physical and emotional health, developmental/social well-being and immunization status.
- Performs health screens, physical exams, and age-appropriate developmental evaluations.
- Analyzes health history and interprets other data collected to determine health status and care needs.
- Develops, implements, evaluates, and modifies care plans, as needed, in collaboration with the client, family, school, physician, and community as applicable.
- Records all pertinent data.
- Manages acute and emergency health problems in the school context and coordinates services needed for optimal health, safety and learning.
- Participates in the implementation of a planned health education curriculum in the schools.
- Completes other assignments as requested and assigned.
- May have access to personal health information (“PHI”) necessary to fulfill the above duties and responsibilities. Access to use and ability to disclose PHI is further defined by each organization/department.
Minimum Education & Experience Requirements:
- Registered Nurse with active license in the state(s) in which he/she is employed.
- One (1) year experience as a School Nurse within the last five (5) years or as required by contracted employer.
- Able to provide proof of current Basic Life Support (BLS) training to include adults, infants and children.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
- Able to effectively communicate with clinical and non-clinical staff, children, adolescents, and adults.
- Able to work autonomously and effectively in an interdisciplinary model.
- Able to demonstrate basic understanding of computers and workplace software.
- Meets applicable health requirements to provide patient care.
Working Conditions & Physical Effort:
- Work is performed in school settings.
- Ability to physically stretch, reach, bend, stoop, twist, sit, stand, walk and climb stairs.
- Requires normal, correctable vision and hearing and the ability to identify and distinguish colors.
- Light to medium physical activity that may require occasional lifting, carrying, pushing or pulling up to 50 lbs.