Industrial Maintenance Technology Instructor
Relocation assistance can be provided!
TSTC is the only state supported technical college system in Texas. TSTC's statewide role and mission is to efficiently and effectively help Texas meet the high-tech challenges of today's global economy, in partnership with business and industry, government agencies, and other educational institutions. If this is a mission you could support and help TSTC achieve, please complete our application process.
TSTC Fort Bend Campus is seeking highly skilled and trained applicants for our Industrial Maintenance, Associate of Applied Science program of study - Industrial Maintenance, Mechanical/Industrial, Engineering Technology or other closely related field from accredited college or university and have industry experience in the respective field and proficiency in Manufacturing Systems principles, practices, and standards along with experience in the following:
- Knowledge of safety regulations for the industry
- Experience with installations, maintenance and repairs of industrial equipment such as electric motors, steam turbines, hydraulic and pneumatic systems, and convey systems.
- Knowledge in Blueprint reading, DC and AC electrical circuits, motor control circuitry, PLC’s, and Industrial power plant systems.
- Analyze data, recognize problems, and draw logical conclusions
- Use electronic test and repair equipment to test and repair Industrial equipment and systems
- Safely use hazardous chemical and solvents
- Effectively communicate orally and in writing to convey technical information in non-technical terms
- Use a Windows based PC operating system to organize work, generate records and reports, and configure equipment
- Plus other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Organize and present prepared instructional materials in classroom and lab
- Evaluate student progress and modify delivery to ensure student success
- Develop, implement, and review effective teaching and learning processes, incorporating appropriate methodology, technology, and other tools
- Remain current in discipline and update course content when appropriate to reflect the current levels of knowledge in discipline
- Availability to work a flexible schedule that may include night and/or weekend courses
- Associate’s degree in Industrial Maintenance, Mechanical/Industrial Engineering Technology, or other related field and demonstrated competency in the teaching discipline.
- Three years work experience in a related field is preferred.
- Background or life experiences that would add to faculty diversity
- Experience in working with diverse student populations
- Proficiency in Manufacturing Systems
- Ability to develop and teach online courses
- Strong oral communication and Interpersonal skills
Annual Salary: Dependent on skills and education.
Security Sensitive Position
TRANSCRIPTS AND RELEVANT WORKPLACE CREDENTIALS MUST BE UPLOADED TO APPLICATION. A TEACHING DEMONSTRATION MAY BE PART OF THE INTERVIEW PROCESS.
Being on the Texas State Technical College (TSTC) team is more than a job; it’s the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of those who come to TSTC! TSTC is in the business of success, and it takes a diverse team of dedicated, passionate and talented players working together to achieve goal after goal. Join our team and discover why TSTC is a great place to work.
Each talented team member plays a role in the magic that occurs when light bulbs go on, when potential is reached, and - ultimately - when lives are changed here at TSTC.
Texas State Technical College has rich diversity in our employees and our customers across its 10 locations that, together, gives us unique advantages as we serve a diverse State. Each TSTC team member possess unique skill, perspective and style. When our employees and our customers come together, TSTC changes lives. Come explore what unites us and makes us stronger.
Come find out more about what it means to be on the TSTC team and make some magic of your own. Check out our current job openings!
Role: Industrial Maintenance Technology Instructor (31105)
Apply for this job now.