Business Group Highlights
Civilian, State and Local
Perspecta’s Civilian, State and Local segment partners with the U.S. Federal Civilian State and Local governments to provide infrastructure services, business solutions, and digital transformation services that help them achieve policy objectives and integrate citizen-centric services.
Designs and plans network communications systems from Office locations to Data Centers. Provides specifications and detailed schematics for network architecture. Conducts analysis and provides specific detailed information for hardware and software selection, implementation techniques and tools for the most efficient solution to meet business needs, including present and future capacity requirements. Conducts testing of network design. Responsible for monitoring network hardware operations to ensure properly set configuration options. Plans implementation of enhancements and upgrades to the network. Advises network users of hardware requirements, configurations, and limitations. Maintains technical expertise in all areas of network and computer hardware and software interconnection and interfacing, such as routers, multiplexers, firewalls, hubs, bridges, gateways, etc. Evaluates and reports on new communications technologies to enhance capabilities of the network. May be assigned responsibility for the management of the systems administration function, including associated staff.
This position is for a Senior Network Engineer. Certifications and experience will be major determining factors in the hiring process.
Must be familiar and competent with operating and upgrading the following hardware:
CISCO ASA, CISCO Firepower, CISCO NEXUS, CISCO ASR, CISCO CAT 6509, BlueCoat Secure Gateway, F5 Load Balancers, CISCO and HP WAPs and WAP Controllers, Pulse Secure VPN.
Education and years of experience: BS 8-10, MS 6-8, PhD 3-5
CCIE or CCNP
Job requirements/qualifications are as follows:
• Must have extensive knowledge and experience with routing protocols EIGRP, BGP, OSPF.
• Must have extensive knowledge and experience with Border Gateway Protocol (BGP) SME for designing and configurations of Complex Multi-homed IPV4 and IPV6 BGP on Nexus 9k/6509/ASR1002 with BGP route filtering, Route maps, Route aggregation, BGP configuration, route reflector, BGP communities and complex redistribution between EIGRP and BGP.
• Must have extensive knowledge and experience with complex routing, switching and firewall technologies, including mutual route redistributions on different layers of network, Remote client VPN, Site-to-site VPN, GRE over IPSEC site-to-site VPN.
• Must be able to diagnose and resolve network hardware and software problems associated with the data center infrastructure.
• Must be able to participate and advise in investigation, design and implementation of new technologies, procedures and standards for data centers.
• Must be able to provide final-tier support for problem determination and resolution for networks and attached devices and services.
• Needs to be able to provide project leadership and technical direction to the implementation of network projects or upgrades.
• Must be able to provide technical expertise related to data center systems to management or other engineers for incident or planning purposes.
• Must have experience and knowledge of DR (Disaster Recovery) planning and execution.
What matters to our nation, is what matters to us. At Perspecta, everything we do, from conducting innovative research to cultivating strong relationships, supports one imperative: ensuring that your work succeeds. Our company was formed to bring a broad array of capabilities to all parts of the public sector—from investigative services and IT strategy to systems work and next-generation engineering.
Our promise is simple: never stop solving our nation’s most complex challenges. And with a workforce of approximately 14,000, more than 48 percent of which is cleared, we have been trusted to just that, as a partner of choice across the entire sector.
Perspecta is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.
Apply for this job onlineApply
Email this job to a friendRefer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
As a government contractor, Perspecta abides by the following provision
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)