You'll be a driving force in our business, liaising with, and growing sales through our distribution partners across northern Europe. We are looking for a proactive Account Manager with a proven track record in selling industrial consumables into the building and construction sector.
BASIC SALARY: £25,000 - £30,000
· Uncapped OTE although 1st year should be five figures!
· 25 Days Holiday
COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: This is an office-based role at our Manchester location. Our current team commute from Rochdale, Stockport, Bury and Huddersfield.
This role will appeal to you if:
· You are both commercially and money motivated and be excited by the prospect of doubling your base salary.
· You are driven by growing existing relationships whilst understanding the importance of developing new business.
· You enjoy autonomy and authority to 'get the job done'.
JOB DESCRIPTION: Internal Sales Manager - Northern Europe : Industrial Components
You will take ownership of our distribution partners across UK, Ireland, Netherlands and Scandinavia. Although based in our Manchester office, visits to your top 10 key accounts once or twice a year is strongly encouraged. As a global manufacturer of over a 1000 technical consumable products, you'll be in the enviable position of always having a solution. That said, 60/70 products will be your key lines.
You will be key to driving that contact and developing the relationship further. You'll have the ultimate aim of being the partners manufacturer of choice.
· Spend 70% of your time managing approx 40 accounts with a revenue of circa £6m.
· Manage both distribution accounts (85%) and OEMs (15%) all building and construction based.
· Spend 30% of your time Identifying and targeting new business opportunities. Making proactive calls to introduce the business.
· Become a product expert for your clients consistently attempting to grow profitable spend.
· Use and maintain CRM (Microsoft Dynamics) with relevant information.
· Work closely with your customer care professional (direct report) to ensure the client is kept aware of any challenges (supply chain/OTIF delivery etc).
PERSON SPECIFICATION: Internal Sales Manager - Northern Europe : Industrial Components
Having got this far, hopefully we have outlined that this is really a proactive sales and account management role, an experienced commercial salesperson who is motivated by success and earning potential.
As both a manufacturer and a global business everything you need is at your fingertips! That said, we are driven by providing a product and a service that is second to none, therefore standards and expectations are high.
Most likely you will have:
· Experience of selling via distributors (ideally some exposure of direct selling to OEM's).
· Technical knowledge and experience in selling industrial components - ideally resins, chemicals, adhesives, paint, abrasives, solvents, raw materials, additives, coatings. Although all industrial components considered.
· A proven track record in achieving sales targets
· The ability to evidence how you have networked and grown the spend of existing clients.
We are a global supplier of bonding solutions and a manufacturer of adhesive-based products for a variety of ind