Business Development Director:– Full Remote Position
Locations- UK or Europe (Netherlands, France, Italy, Germany, Hungary, Spain)
Josh Zarembski is searching for an experienced Business Development Director to join a mid-sized, award-winning Oncology & Rare Disease specialist CRO. This organisation has offices across Europe & the USA and is offering an exciting, varied workload, while still putting their team at the heart of everything they do.
If you’re an experienced Business Development professional, looking to progress within your career, and looking to work in a friendly, yet challenging environment – then this is certainly the place to be.
In this position you will be responsible for developing and securing new business contracted opportunities aligned to the Commercial Strategy, leading to profitable sales that positively contribute to the group sales, revenue & ultimately EBITDA targets. Develops and maintains client relationships within the target market for new and existing business whilst acting as a brand ambassador, representing this organisation at Global conferences and external meetings.
Takes the Commercial lead during the strategy development for opportunities working collaboratively with internal stakeholders to develop a robust, tailored solution that meets the clients’ needs.
- Identify clients and specific clinical trial opportunities with the target market that complement core competencies.
- Develop a robust sales pipeline of clinical trial opportunities to achieve required individual and group sales targets with defined revenue contributions within timeframes.
- Obtain a full understanding of the clients’ needs and challenges, clearly articulating these to internal stakeholders.
- Work with the Proposal and Budget Development teams, Marketing and Operations groups to develop high-quality client documentation, including RFI, Proposals, Budgets and Bid Defence strategies to secure the sales opportunity.
- Ensure that all client documentation, RFI and proposals meet the client’s needs, concerns, and objectives, clearly defining the value proposition,
- Lead and manage the development of key client relationships with senior management, project teams and functional leadership as appropriate.
- Achieve a best-in-class CRM by completing required data fields within appropriate timeframes.
- Share with internal stakeholders, industry and client insights, as well as competitor information gained through external interactions within the sector.
- Deliver high quality and accurate individual sales reporting including timely reporting of activities achieved and those planned.
- Adhere to all departmental processes.
- Provide support to the Commercial Leadership as required.
- Act as a Brand Ambassador representing the company as needed, both externally and internally.
- Attend Global Conferences and Seminars to promote this CRO with targeted clients.
- Degree Educated within Life Sciences or Business Studies or equivalent
- Proven business development experience of selling Clinical Research Organisation services.
- Proven track record of meeting and overachieving sales targets.
- Experience in building and maintaining new and existing client relationships.
- Experience in selling to Biotech, small and mid-cap pharmaceutical companies.
- Experienced user of CRM systems, good computer skills Microsoft Word and Excel knowledge.
AL Solutions are a niche Life Science recruitment consultancy. We place professionals across the UK/EU for a variety of biotechnology, pharmaceutical and CRO companies ranging from small start-ups to large global organisations.
If you’re interested, please apply below. If this position doesn’t interest you, please visit our website for a list of more vacancies – #removed# or reach out to us via: