- Manage payroll specialists to include assigning payrolls, assisting with client issues, ensure timely and accurate delivery of the payrolls; ensure appropriate reconciliations performed and monies are remitted accurately and on time for each payroll, advise specialists with questions
- Assist payroll specialist in handling client issues
- Maintains payroll staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees
- Maintains payroll staff job results by counseling and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results
- Manage the payroll input to payroll systems development; to continually review processed and working practices to ensure the company maintains an up-to-date effective payroll service while protecting payroll integrity and security
- Back up for all payroll specialists for running payrolls while out
- Run new client payrolls initially prior to assigning to payroll specialist
- Send ACH & DD files daily for 7 companies
- Check ACH bank reports daily for returns or issues with account numbers
- Research returned direct deposits and re-issue accordingly
- Send reverse wires
- Enter new/changed ACH information for clients
- Update Summit with client changes: addresses, phone numbers, payroll contacts, payroll specialist assigned, invoice payment method, processing schedule changes, etc.
- Set up new client online users
- Compile reports for clients to assist with their GL audits or other applicable audits
- Process client 401K/IRA deductions weekly - upload to investment site and send wire/ACH for funds
- Manage and set up all medical, dental, vision and ancillary plans for deduction from employee's checks - PEO Plans, PEO Client Plans
- Reconcile medical benefit invoices; research and process any catch ups or refunds needed
- Send client monthly ACA reports
- Manage new and termed clients - term clients in Summit, update client list, update processor's lists, etc.
- Run in house payrolls and benefits only payrolls
- Add charges to client's invoices for quarterly and W2 fees, background fees, MEC fees, etc.
- Figure and process worker's comp adjustments as needed
- Order payroll check stock
- Send monthly reports to payroll specialists for review: unpaid employees reports
- Set up new PTO plans
- Set up new pay codes or deduction codes and assign to clients
- Compile and send out correspondence to payroll specialists to forward on to clients such as: year end information, bank holiday closed memos, benefits flyers, updated enrollment packets, etc.
Management Group USA is a Professional Employer Organization (PEO) that has hundreds of clients throughout the state of Texas. We are looking for a Payroll Supervisor to join our team as we grow to be one of the top PEOs in the state. As a member of the management team, we will have all payroll processors report to you. We can help you achieve your career goals through continuous professional development and regular career progression discussions.
Role: PEO Payroll Supervisor
Location: San Antonio,
Apply for this job now.