Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Oversees the activities of the Accounting Team for the accurate and timely dissemination of financial management reports including, but not limited to, internal and external monthly financial statements, and annual audits and annual budgets, timely issuance of Job Cost Financials, Project Management Reports and Company monthly Financial Statements including appropriate analysis.
- Develops and maintains the system of internal accounting controls and financial reporting.
- Coordinates quarterly accounting reviews, annual audits and tax returns.
- Manages day-to-day accounting functions (G/L, A/R, A/P, Payroll, Job Cost).
- Supervises & trains accounting staff in day to day management of accounting dept.
- Updates WIP and properly recognizes revenue booking over/under adjustments. Maintains backlog schedule and provides forecast to senior management.
- Responsible for cash flow management and forecasting.
- Oversees disbursement and commitment control activities ensuring the accurate and timely processing of accounts payable, purchase orders, petty cash, core employee expense reports, cash control, core payroll processing and total corporate payroll tax compliance.
- Operating Budget Process Management, including: distribution of cost center budget reports, issuance of forms and instructions, prepares companywide budget report, and provides monthly project variance analysis.
- Assures corporate income tax compliance to ensure the accurate and timely completion of all corporate income tax returns taking full advantage of all favorable tax codes.
- Coordinates annual review and tax preparation with CPA Firm.
- Establishes and maintains corporate accounting policies, procedures, and internal controls.
- Provides timely and accurate financial statements by the 20th of each month.
- Prepares and analyzes monthly and quarterly financial reports.
- Procures insurance renewal proposals and analyzes for recommendation.
- Performs contract drafting and review.
Required Skills, Abilities, and Knowledge include but are not limited to the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance from accredited college or university.
- 10 years of progressive accounting experience in a fast-paced corporate environment – Construction industry preferred.
- Public Accounting Experience – a plus.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite, Advanced Knowledge of Excel, Sage 300.
- Thorough understanding of WIP, percentage of completion, and GAAP related to the construction industry and long-term contracts.
Bognet Construction is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, veteran status, disability or age.
Since 1998, Bognet Construction successfully builds fast-track commercial interiors and base building projects ranging in size from 20,000 square feet to over 250,000 square feet. At Bognet, we know that when it comes to construction, customers do not like surprises. We work tirelessly to anticipate things that might go wrong or delay a project. We develop solutions to make sure that issues never become problems. We call this being "relentlessly proactive" and hold ourselves to this standard in everything we do. This focus on being "relentlessly proactive," allows Bognet to provide unmatched quality and service to our customers.
Apply for this job now.