Company: REED TALENT SOLUTIONS
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
Salary: £54,000 - £58,000 per annum
Electrical Services Manager
We are One Housing and we create places for people to call home and support them to live well. With a breadth of services and expertise to help people whatever their housing, care, or support needs.Our Property Services team is knowledgeable, skilled, friendly and we love what we do. We are passionate about the high quality of service we provide.We offer our colleagues a friendly, collaborative workplace and the chance to build a rewarding career with a not-for-profit organisation that is proud to make a genuine difference to people’s lives, each and every day.Join our Property Services team as a Electrical Services Manager Housing sits at the heart of our organisation. We believe that everyone deserves a safe, secure, affordable home. Our Property Services team is crucial in helping us deliver on this vision.The team works on the provision and maintenance of our large portfolio of properties. This demands strong organisational skills and the ability to work collaboratively with customers, other teams and external service providers.We’re an organisation with strong values. We keep our promises; we do a great job; we value diversity; we work together; and we look for ways to improve. These are what make us such a great team, working together as one to achieve our vision.The role
We have a fantastic opportunity for someone to join us in the position of Electrical Services Manager in Camden, London.The Electrical Services Manager will lead the operational delivery of our electrical works, including the EICR programme and capital works utilising our own electricians and supported by specialist partnering contractors. You will also contribute towards business planning, service improvement, and most importantly achieving regulatory compliance for the organisation.Your responsibilities will include:
What you will need to succeed
- Effectively managing all Health and Safety and other statutory requirements relating to the operational delivery of electrical work.
- Ensuring all functions within the service area regularly update policies, procedures and quality outputs that deliver services in line with contractual & statutory requirements, relevant professional guidance and good practice.
- Ensuring that our customers and stakeholders are safe in their homes.
- Being accountable for all technical sign-off and quality assurance processes.
- Leading and working collaboratively on the procurement and delivery of services by external contractors to ensure high standards and value for money are achieved.
- Regularly reviewing management accounts, reforecasting budgets where required and providing supporting commentary for internal reporting.
We are looking for someone who believes in working together as part of a team, who shares our values and is friendly and positive. The successful candidate will have
- A related electrical qualification, the minimum which align with the current requirements of becoming a Registered Qualified Supervisor.
- In depth knowledge of Electrical Safety Management, related British Standards (eg. BS 7671, BS 5839, BS 5266), recognised industry Codes of Practice and Best Practice, plus related Building Regulations
- A proven track record in the electrical industry with supervisory/ management experience
- The ability to plan, organise and prioritise work and to be able to work with colleagues of all levels, both internal and external.
- The ability to communicate effectively, work under pressure, multi-task and maintain high levels of attention to detail.
- Previous experience of financial and budgetary management.
- A commitment to promoting equality in all aspects of service delivery.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office packages.
Our Life@One benefits offer you an array of perks designed with your wellbeing in mind...