Akorbi is an ISO 9001-, 8a- and WBE-certified language service provider headquartered in Dallas, Texas with additional offices in Lorton, Los Angeles and Houston. Akorbi is dedicated to providing superior quality of service in all of their staffing, localization and language translation service solutions. Akorbi boasts not only an exceptional record of accuracy and dependability, but also grants you an effective business-to-business relationship with a company capable of handling the language and technological demands of large firms and corporations.
TITLE: Investment Accounting& Control Consultant
LOCATION: Chicago, IL
TYPE: Contract - 8 Months (Possible Extension)
RATE: Competitive Hourly Rate + Excellent Benefits
This position is responsible for applying both Statutory and GAAP investment accounting for all entities of the Client’s organization and performs maintenance of the accounting sub-ledger and related general ledger accounts; Participates in the research of complex investment accounting issues and implements accounting policies and procedures on new investments.
· Responsible for Statutory and GAAP transaction and balance accounting for all client entities.
· Prepares and reviews statutory investment exhibits and schedules, along with data requests from management, internal/external audit, tax department, and other users of investment accounting data.
· Maintains expert knowledge of investment vehicles, and the Statutory and GAAP accounting practices requirements for those investments, and assists other team members on related issues, as needed.
· Performs the periodic asset reconciliations and balancing between general ledger and investment accounting sub-ledger to ensure data reporting integrity and assists other team members on issue resolution.
· Responsible for the identification, research and resolution of problems arising from day-to-day operations; Maintains flexibility and adaptability in style and approach to achieve specific and ongoing goals; Delivers results and demonstrates commitment to continuous improvement in meeting the needs of internal and external customers.
· Builds collaborative relationships and demonstrates interpersonal skills to assist in achieving results; Continually learns and develops job skills and knowledge base.
Required Job Qualifications:
· Bachelor degree in Accounting or Finance and minimum 6 years accounting experience including minimum 3 years investment accounting experience
· Knowledge of Statutory and GAAP accounting principles and reporting requirements for investments
· Knowledge and ability to apply statutory, GAAP and investment accounting principles and regulations
· Knowledge of complex investment vehicles
· Knowledge of a general ledger system (PeopleSoft, Oracle, etc)
· Clear and concise interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
· PC skills and experience to include spreadsheet software
Preferred Job Qualifications:
· Certified Public Accountant designation
· MBA degree with concentration in Finance
· Experience with PAM or similar insurance investment accounting sub-ledger system
· Experience with Oracle ERP general ledger
· Project Management
Sorry, No 3rd Parties or Sponsorship on this position.
TO APPLY, PLEASE SEND A RESUME (MS WORD OR TEXT FORMAT) AND REFER TO JOB NUMBER 18-02815
Senior Recruiter, Akorbi Workforce Solutions
t: 214-396-9457 | e: #removed#
6504 International Parkway | Suite 1500 | Plano, TX 75093
Enterprise Solutions for the Global Economy
HUB / MWBE / WBE / An ISO 9001, ISO 13485 and EN 15038 Certified Company
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information or otherwise protected by law. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message
Akorbi Workforce Solutions is a global provider of contingent workforce solutions to Fortune 1000 companies to include: Technology, Financial, Professional Services, Manufacturing and Retail based organizations.
Role: Investment Accounting & Control Consultant
Apply for this job now.