Company: LEAP HOSPITALITY
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
Leap Co. is looking for an In House Counsel for a client in Birmingham, MI. This company is involved with operations of retail outlets, real estate holdings and e-commerce.
In this role the candidate will perform duties including:
- Providing advice on legal and regulatory issues related to the structuring, marketing and managing new real estate investment and other products
- Supporting product development activities, including the structuring of investments
- Supporting portfolio management teams with ongoing management issues
- Providing advice related to joint ventures and compliance and other investment transactions
- Providing advice on regulatory issues, fund governance and litigation matters as needed;
- Retaining, managing and coordinating outside counsel
- Supporting and driving diversity and inclusion efforts, including the retention of diverse outside counsel
Qualification and Experience
- The candidate must have relevant law firm or in-house experience in retail/hospitality operations, investment management, private equity and/or real estate capital markets (minimum of 5 years).
- Should have knowledge of the US regulatory framework for private funds and real estate capital markets, such as the Investment Advisers Act, the Securities Act of 1933 and ERISA.
- Should have strong problem-solving, communication and client management skills and strong project management skills, including the ability to prioritize multiple tasks and operate independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Should have ability to collaborate with clients, colleagues and corporate partners at all levels, including senior management
Powered by JazzHR