Moxi Recruitment are currently looking for an SEN tutor to work in one of their partner schools for 10 hours a week. The role will be on a Tuesday and Wednesday at an Arts based school in Macclesfield. The ideal person will have experience of teaching Functional Skills and GCSE to learners with SEN and SEMH needs.
Role Responsibilities as an SEN tutor:
- Be a good role model and promote the business in a professional, friendly and efficient light.
- Plan, prepare and deliver effective lessons.
- To prepare learners for GCSEs and other public examinations
- Administration of examinations
- Differentiate and adapt lesson content for learners with a variety of different needs including; SEMH, Autism and behavioural needs.
- Prepare weekly pupil reports for managers and external agencies
- To participate in training and development opportunities designed to enhance teaching performance and personal development
- To liaise with a range of agencies including the Education Welfare Service, Health Service, Education Psychologists and SENCO's in order to meet the needs of the pupil.
- To contribute to the development of positive relationships with families/carers to maintain records on the progress of individual pupils.
- To make an active contribution to Development Plans.
- Although you will generally be working outreach, we are big on communication to ensure the safeguarding of our staff and learners. We expect daily updates reported to our office of attendance and any other issues that may arise. We also ask for a written weekly report for every learner.
Required Skills and Criteria
- Possess QTS or equivalent Teaching Qualification
- Willingness to offer more than one subject specialism
- Ability to manage your own time effectively and independently
- A flexible attitude to work
- Confidence working in alternative provision settings, and in 1:1 and small group settings such as homes and libraries.
- Ability to show combined approaches to teaching.
- Hold a clean UK driving licence and have your own vehicle insured for business use.
- Have own personal resources such as laptop/communication devices.
- Be a confident communicator and understand the importance of communication between professional bodies.
- Have knowledge of exams and working bodies.
Please note that our organisation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. On appointment of the role you will be required to complete background checks and an enhanced DBS will be a requirement.