COMPANY: SHORTLIST RECRUITMENT
JOB TYPE: Permanent
SALARY: £25000 - £45000 per annum + Benefits
DevOps Engineer / SysAdmin / 3rd Line Engineer
ShortList Recruitment are looking for a well-established DevOps Engineer / SysAdmin / 3rd Line Engineer to join an innovative software house in Birmingham.
The DevOps Engineer / SysAdmin / 3rd Line Engineer will be working as part of a large multi-site development team to drive the Release, Configuration and Delivery of their Software product and managed services portfolio.
This is a hands-on DevOps Engineer / SysAdmin / 3rd Line Engineer role ideal for seasoned candidate with a number of years' experience but my client will consider a broad range of experience with remuneration to match. The ideal candidate would live and breathe code and tech.
The key responsibilities for the DevOps Engineer / SysAdmin / 3rd Line Engineer:
- Supporting a wide range of production and development infrastructure with Office 365, Dynamics CRM/Marketing/SE and Azure Affect changes in live environments safely using appropriate change control procedures, including configuration versioning using VCS
- Handle 3rd line issues ensuring SLAs are met.
- Support development team's infrastructure requirements, including continuous integration (CI) and code repositories (SVN/GIT)
- Troubleshoot problems when they occur, quickly and efficiently
- Identify and create clear and effective documentation (using a wiki)
- Occasional remote location and out of hours work on a rota basis
Essential Skills for the DevOps Engineer / SysAdmin / 3rd Line Engineer:
- MCP or Above in ideally an MS Cloudy discipline or two.
- Windows expert, with lots of experience in enterprise infrastructure at scale within Office 365, Dynamics & Azure
- Active Directory inc. ADFS and O365
- SharePoint management, inc. extension into SP Online
- Web hosting expert with IIS inc. ASP/NET
- Good net basics IP4/6, DNS, DHCP, HTTP/S firewalling & load-balancing
- Building images & scripting installations for automation including PowerShell
Desirable Skills for the DevOps Engineer / SysAdmin / 3rd Line Engineer:
- Dynamics installing & configuring certifications
- VS C# .Net 4.5 appreciation esp. MSBuild and environmental debugging
- Source control appreciation, esp. GIT/GitLab
The DevOps Engineer / SysAdmin / 3rd Line Engineer role is based in Birmingham, offers a salary of up to £45,000 plus benefits. They are looking for a candidate to start ASAP and will be interviewing over the next few weeks. If you feel you have the skills required then APPLY below!!!
This role is commutable from Birmingham, Kidderminster, Redditch, Dudley, Stourbridge.
ShortList Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
ShortList specialise in the full spectrum of IT positions, from CIO to Helpdesk Analyst, on both a permanent and contract basis.