Under the direction of a supervisor, lead subordinate officers of the Reservation Patrol Department (MRPD) in safeguarding the lives, property and rights of Tribal members, guests and employees; perform security protection and provide other law enforcement services; respond to crime and accident scenes, emergency and non-emergency situations and other requests for assistance; enforce the laws and ordinances of the Tribe, City, State and Federal law; train and provide work direction and guidance to assigned personnel; act as watch commander of a shift when required.
- Three years of experience as a Police Officer/Deputy Sheriff, Tribal Law Enforcement Officer or other specialized law enforcement officer (Railroad Police, School/University Police, Port Authority, etc.) is preferred; however, we will consider those with at least two years of experience.
- Valid California Class C Driver's License.
- Valid BSIS Guard Card.
- Valid BSIS Exposed Firearms Permit.
- Valid BSIS Baton and OC Spray Permit.
- Certificate of Completion of California POST Certified Basic Police Academy, Extended Course Academy or Modular Format Academy for Level 1 Reserves, or a California Basic Post Certificate, or California POST Waiver Letter - (to be obtained within one year of hire). Valid First Aid and CPR Certification (obtain within 60 days of hiring).
- Graduation from high school (or GED) AND Graduation from a California POST Certified Basic Police Academy, completed either through the Basic (full-time) Course, Extended Course or the Modular Course Format. Out of state basic academy graduates will require a California POST Waiver Letter (to be obtained within one year of hire).
Role: Officer - Corporal
Apply for this job now.