Must have legal billing experience
Seeking a driven and dynamic individual to join the Billing team as a Billing Specialist in the Washington D.C. office. The Billing Specialist should strive to provide their assigned attorneys and clients with the highest-quality customer service by becoming a subject-matter expert in all billing matters. The Billing Specialist will serve as the liaison between their assigned attorneys and the Billing Department, so the candidate must be very flexible and highly committed to quality to establish and maintain an excellent working relationship with the partners and secretaries. The Billing Specialist can expect to handle a high volume of work and will work collaboratively with other billing team members to complete tasks accurately and timely. The candidate will be responsible for obtaining a full understanding of their billing matters and should be able to identify and resolve complex billing discrepancies.
Some additional responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
• Collaborate with Pricing department to finalize and implement complex billing arrangements, including mulitpayor, volume discounts, and alternative fee arrangements
• Facilitate the preparation and submission of budgets for specified matters and provide variance analysis to attorneys as requested
• Coordinate the monthly distribution of pre-bills to partners for review and revisions
• Monitor the completion of suggested revisions and finalization of invoices
• Analyze invoices to ensure compliance with Firm policies and client guidelines
• Generate WIP, A/R, and On-Account reports and track assigned attorneys’ inventories
• Complete ad hoc billing requests as requested by attorneys
• Research aging WIP and A/R balances and provide attorneys with thoughtful analysis regarding best course of action for balances
A minimum of three years of billing experience; experience in legal billing or law firm environment is a plus.
Experience with CMS Aderant or Elite billing software required; a high level of knowledge with all CMS Aderant billing applications is preferred. Strong technology skills, including knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (with an emphasis on Excel), are a must.
A college degree in Business, Accounting, Finance, or related field is strongly preferred, but not required.
Role: Legal Billing Specialist
Apply for this job now.