JOB TITLE: DIRECTOR OF SOCIAL SERVICES
LOCATION: BRONX, NY (Willow Shelter)
REPORTS TO: SHELTER DIRECTOR
The Director of Social Services will oversee the day to day operation of services at the Willow Avenue Rapid Re-Housing Center. He/She will need to work collaboratively with other on-site departments to facilitate effective methods of problem solving and the alignment of strategies.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages intake and develops a comprehensive assessment for all new participants.
- Develops systems to guarantee the quality and efficiency of casework services.
- Ensures that staff appropriately identifies the needs of the clients, provide appropriate referrals and ensures senior case manager and case managers follow up with resources to promote the program participant's successful achievement of the service plan goals.
- Ensures assessments, service plans and interactions with the clients are appropriately documented.
- Reviews all required case management documentation and any data collection tool in use.
- Responsible for the supervision of service staff.
- Ensures clear, concise and professional interventions consistent with the Agency's policies and procedures and evidence based practices.
- Responsible for building collaboration with community service providers.
- Maintains all required documentation/reports and submits all in a timely manner.
- Provides crisis intervention and stabilization as needed.
- Identifies program needs and makes recommendations.
- Performs related tasks as assigned.
EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:
Must have LMSW with 3 years of relevant experience and supervisory experience. Fluency in Spanish is highly desirable. Ability to work some evenings and occasional weekends as needed. Excellent and demonstrated writing ability. Strong assessment, direct practice, counseling, supervision, community outreach, group leadership and program development experience preferred. Advanced knowledge of MS Word, Excel and database management skills. CARES knowledge a must.
AGENCY PROFILE & EMPLOYEE EXPECTATIONS
Westhab is the premier organization of our kind in our region, providing housing and supportive services for more than 10,000 of the most vulnerable members of our community each year. We are staffed by an extraordinary group of hard working professionals that are fully committed to our mission - Building Communities. Changing Lives. Working at Westhab is not easy. Our expectations for all staff are high. We believe that the people and the communities that we have the privilege to serve deserve our very best every day. We are results-driven organization that focuses on empowerment and impact. If you want to apply for this opportunity, it should only be because you feel ready for the challenges and expectations that come with joining this kind of team. (EOE)
Powered by JazzHR