Smart Teachers are recruiting for SEMH Teachers. We are forming great relationships with several SEN and SEMH schools within Bexley and its surrounding boroughs and are always looking to recruit for the growing demand of Special Needs Teachers and Educators. The successful SEMH Teacher will be offered work within a variety of settings assisting learners with ASD/ADHD/PMLD and SEMH. Some roles will involve personal care and toileting. Successful applicants will need to have an enthusiastic and empathetic nature, as well as show great initiative.
To be considered for the SEMH Teacher position, you will:
- Have experience working within a school or other formal environment with children
- Have experience of supporting learners with Special Educational Needs, whether it be in a school or other environment where skills can successfully be transferred. If you have not worked in a school, please note that the success of your registration could be dependent on the suitability of references.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
About Smart Teachers
Smart Teachers is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. We are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff. We have branches across the country, and we are part of the world-renowned education company Tes Global.
What Smart Teachers offer
As a valued employee of Smart Teachers, you will receive:
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
- Guaranteed pay scheme (to commence when schools re-open, subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
- Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers' Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
- FREE online EduCare training package worth £390, including 38 accredited safeguarding and duty of care online courses.
- Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
- Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to apply
If you are an SEMH Teacher who can enthuse, motivate and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you.
For more information about this role and other opportunities across Smart Teachers, please contact our SEN team on 0203 194 3185
Due to the coronavirus pandemic and to ensure we are fully compliant with Government guidance relating to social distancing, interviews with shortlisted candidates will take place by video call.