Graduate SEN Teaching Assistant
Daily £60- £70 per day PAYE (Salary is dependent on experience, training or qualifications). The preferred experience, training or qualifications required for this position is a degree, in any subject area, and interest in developing in a career in Education with at least 6 weeks recent classroom based experience working in a primary school. Previous experience of working with SEN pupils (ASD, Global Delay, challenging behaviours) is desirable. The school will also look at SEN Teaching Assistants with a Level 3 childcare qualification and solid experience as a TA.
Long term contract starting immediately
Smart Teachers is recruiting for a graduate SEN Teaching Assistant to work in a two-form entry school, in Hackney. The successful graduate SEN Teaching Assistant will be working within the EY, KS1 and KS2 at a school rated 'Good' by Ofsted. Starting in January, the SEN Teaching Assistant will be required to have a degree of flexibility as you will be floating between year groups and supporting those with Special Educational Needs. This is a full-time position for an enthusiastic, career driven graduate looking to pursue a career as a Teaching Assistant, or Teacher.
- Graduate SEN Teaching Assistant
- Providing support across EYFS- KS2
- Alternating between year groups
- Prior experience with SEN required
- Full-time role until the end of the academic year
- Close to Tottenham Hale station (various transportation links)
- Two-form entry school
- Good school
- Supportive environment where staff are encouraged to progress
To be considered for the graduate SEN Teaching Assistant position, you will:
- Degree level, or Level 3 in childcare with solid background working in Education
- Proven and recent teaching the UK, or an equivalent, curriculum
- Proven experience working with SEN (ASD, Global delay and challenging behaviours, desirable)
- Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
About Smart Teachers
Smart Teachers is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. We are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff. We have branches across the country, and we are part of the world-renowned education company Tes Global.
What Smart Teachers offer
As a valued employee of Smart Teachers, you will receive
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
- Guaranteed pay scheme (to commence when schools re-open, subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
- Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers' Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
- FREE online EduCare training package, including 38 accredited safeguarding and duty of care online courses.
- Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
- Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to apply
If you are a Graduate SEN Teaching Assistant w